LADIES: do you fear jeans or it is just me??

Options
After living in lululemon yoga pants (size 10) for the past year (the started off to a tight stretch, but are now so loose I constantly have to pull up) I decided to try on some jeans at the store. I comfortably fit into a size 8 skinny jean with no muffin top!! I ended up purchasing them cuz there were affordable and cute on the bum. I hope when I reach my goal I can being out my size 6's that havent seen the light of day in 2 years.

I miss feeling confident in denim!!

Do any ladies fear denim or am I just crazy?

Replies

• kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I wasn't comfortable in jeans, but that was when I was MUCH bigger...
    Now I wear jeans almost everyday and love them... I would say I got comfortable in jeans around size 12... it does take some work to find some that look good, not all do, etc.
    Props on the skinny jeans, I love the look, but they don't look good on me. (I joke that my thigh to calf ratio doesn't match for skinny jeans)...

I love Lulu's though, recently went to the tight wunder unders, and that was hard for me... but now I put on my 'baggier' lulu studio pants and feel frumpy HAHA!

It's all just in getting used to something, enjoy!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I fear low rise jeans. They pinch my love handles. =(
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I fear high rise jeans since my waist is non-existent compared to my hips. In my hips, I wear a smaller size jeans than my waist which means if it isn't low rise, it isn't gonna fit!
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    Now I wear jeans almost everyday and love them... I would say I got comfortable in jeans around size 12... it does take some work to find some that look good, not all do, etc.
    Props on the skinny jeans, I love the look, but they don't look good on me. (I joke that my thigh to calf ratio doesn't match for skinny jeans)...

I love Lulu's though, recently went to the tight wunder unders, and that was hard for me... but now I put on my 'baggier' lulu studio pants and feel frumpy HAHA!

Yes, I understand the thigh to calf ratio issue. I'm 5'6 so I feel like they make my legs look stumpy (LOL) unless I'm wearing heels.

And I love my wunder unders, they are so comfy. I've never done yoga, but I love my yoga pants.

And I love
  • ninaleen
    ninaleen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do because I have loose skin from my pregnancy which inevitable tends to hang out. Also I feel like they cut off my circulation when they are too fitted, and look to frumpy when they are too loose (except for cute boyfriend cut or carpenter style jeans).
  • lotushead
    lotushead Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Work out pants > jeans. Jeans are so unaccommodating to my body fluctuations throughout the day. It seems all my jeans are either too big or too small, which sucks cause I've invested a good amount in jeans over the years. I stopped doing that now. It doesn't work for me. My body is under constant construction from lifting and exercise in general and jeans don't allow much room for change. At least I haven't found ones that do.
  • ThinUpGirl
    Options

I feel like lowrise doesn't support my "lower-mommy-tummy", but I hope that's gone eventually.
  • ThinUpGirl
    Options
    Has anyone ever owned a pair of stretch jeans that look great in the morning, but stretch out throughout the day in all the wrong places?? I hate that.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I have significant episiotomy scarring and if anything is tight against my perineum, it really hurts after awhile so I'm not a big fan of jeans.

I did find a size 6 Mossimo jeans a few years ago that are comfortable but they fall down all the time now.

I have Levi's in a size 6 and they "fit" but are uncomfortable.

So it's loose leggings and skirts for me.

So not sexy :noway:
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I hate jeans bc so many don't cater to ladies who have big ol' booties like me. It's either Baggie or stuff yourself into ones that are too tight.
  • ThinUpGirl
    Options
    I hate jeans bc so many don't cater to ladies who have big ol' booties like me. It's either Baggie or stuff yourself into ones that are too tight.

I wish this was my issue. I would LOVE a bigger booty! I would trade 1/2 my boobs for a lil more bum :p
  • Tabitha81
    Tabitha81 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more I think that a size 12 for me is the magic number for jeans too. Its a good size that generally is carried everywhere. Although my goal is a 10 I have always lingered around the 12-14 size.
  • kimad
    Options

I feel like lowrise doesn't support my "lower-mommy-tummy", but I hope that's gone eventually.

I call it my 'mom bum' I think it depends... some lower rise ones help hide it, some give horrible muffin top.
    I had twins so my stomach is a mess all around, so I will always have a mom bum and muffin top! Even with high rise!
  • kimad
    Options

Yes, I understand the thigh to calf ratio issue. I'm 5'6 so I feel like they make my legs look stumpy (LOL) unless I'm wearing heels.

And I love my wunder unders, they are so comfy. I've never done yoga, but I love my yoga pants.

And I love

I am also 5'6" and I have thunder thighs from figure skating.. they are getting better though :) All those lunges and squats...

It was a far stretch for me to get the wunder unders.. I don't do yoga either, lol, but now I love them... I have to embrace my body - as we all do - and I am getting there..

LOL

you said 'and I love' and never finished!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I avoid most clothes now because unless they are a uk size 6, I don't want to wear them. So I end up living in my cycling trousers and leggings.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options

I have 42" hips (big booty) and I LOVE my Old Navy Rockstar Skinny jeans , they even fit my 17" calves!
    Those and American Eagle Boyfriend It are the only two that don't leave me with hat weird gap at the back because although I have big hips/butt, my waist is 29". Jeans were a nightmare before I found those 2 I could count on.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options

I have 42" hips (big booty) and I LOVE my Old Navy Rockstar Skinny jeans , they even fit my 17" calves!
    Those and American Eagle Boyfriend It are the only two that don't leave me with hat weird gap at the back because although I have big hips/butt, my waist is 29". Jeans were a nightmare before I found those 2 I could count on.

Orly? We could be twins. I have a 30 inch waist, 42 inch hips and 16.5 inch calves. I will definitely be looking into those 2 pairs now. :)
  • ThinUpGirl
    Options

And I love

I am also 5'6" and I have thunder thighs from figure skating.. they are getting better though :) All those lunges and squats...

It was a far stretch for me to get the wunder unders.. I don't do yoga either, lol, but now I love them... I have to embrace my body - as we all do - and I am getting there..

LOL

you said 'and I love' and never finished!

Oops!! Brain fart.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I'm finally getting to a weight where I can start to wear jeans comfortably. But for years I didn't. I wore track suits and yoga pants all the time. Low rise (but definitely not ultra low rise) jeans work best for me because of my body shape. I'm short waisted and carry my weight in my belly and love handle area. Now that those areas are starting to be reshaped I'm wearing jeans again. I can never, ever wear jeans that sit at the waist and are for an hourglass figure. I would look like a sack of potatoes with a rope tied around the middle. :laugh: So as long as I find just the right pair I'm OK. And it'll keep getting better the more weight and inches I lose.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    no