Getting through cardio!

Options
124»

Replies

• Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Music. Couldn't do my planned workout a couple of days ago because I'd left my headphones on the couch. Gym music is AWFUL. Had to go and do zumba instead. Which is not a bad thing, it's just that there was no way I could do anywhere near as much exercise without my music.

Plus the zombies, run! apps. Which include my music.
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    If I am on the treadmill or the bike I will take my tablet and watch a movie on netflix. I only get to watch it when i am doing my cardio :). When I am outside I play fitradio on my phone....tons of stations to choose from

Thank you for the FitRadio tip! Just downloaded the app!
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    http://www.trinewbies.com/tno_trainingprograms/tno_HIM.asp

All I do is cardio. There are moments of boredom but I keep focused on the end goal which is competing in races this summer.
  • Madaly320
    Madaly320 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Cardio exercise can be so boring (at least for me)....what is your cardio routine? How do you get through it?

I love Cardio! I do lots of classes at my gym. Otherwise, I would be bored. I can't just get on a treadmill or eliptical, and even walking/running bores me. But I take a lot of Spin classes and Step classes. I love it.
  • ktdiddy
    ktdiddy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I used to have this exact same issue - until I started HIIT! No time to get bored when you are busting a gut at 15% incline!
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I love classes! I know that is not an option for everybody though.
    I go the Y and they have a variety of classes. For cardio, I do Kickboxing, Zumba, Cardio Mix, and Spin.
    For strength training, I do a Kettlebell class, and a Muscleworks class.
    I really love a class called Kettle Fusion which mixes strength training with cardio but my work schedule doesn't allow that very often.