I dont sweat

Options
2»

Replies

• DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I probably never look like I'm working hard because my face barely breaks out in a glisten when I'm working out, and it doesn't get red either (if anything it gets more pale.) Everything else sweats, but I wear dark clothes so I don't think anyone can tell. Unless they walk by me. Then they could tell, 'cause I get stinky! :laugh:
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Not being able to exercise is not an excuse for not losing weight, because you can lose weight through diet alone.
  • Madaly320
    Madaly320 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    That's what I was thinking. I don't sweat half as much as the people around me at the gym but I know I am working hard and I am always sore and exhausted after wards. Sometimes I wonder if I am not pushing myself hard enough, so I try harder and I still don't sweat heavily like everyone else.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I barely break a sweat, EVER. I have sweat in the Mexican heat just laying around but I work out to the point of panting sometimes and I'm barely wet. Like there's no sweat marks on my clothes and hair. I have a basal body temperature is about 36 - 36.5 maybe that has something to do with it? I'm definitely working out hard. I see some people dripping and with sweat stains, that would never be me no matter what i did.
  • crystalpinter
    Options
    Same here I barely sweat when I workout.. And I am positive I am working hard! I am jealous of all you women who sweat so much at the gym!! Wish I could do that!!
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Totally possible...I have a student that doesn't sweat.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I sweat to a point I leave a puddle on the floor during certain cardio machine workouts, usually set to a high level. My hair ends up soaked as well. And I am not overweight so that is not the cause. Someone once told me fitter people sweat more, but I am not sure if there is any validity in that.
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I wish I had this. I sweat so much. It takes me so long to cool down after working out, that even after I'm done, showered, and changed I will still "glow" (the lady term for "sweat", haha). I hate it. But oh well. Its just who I am and how my body handles working out, no big deal.
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I sweat to a point I leave a puddle on the floor during certain cardio machine workouts, usually set to a high level. My hair ends up soaked as well. And I am not overweight so that is not the cause. Someone once told me fitter people sweat more, but I am not sure if there is any validity in that.

I'm going to use that excuse!
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options

This is me! I am glad someone else sweats like me.. :) usually, I am dripping. I see it as a good thing, though. Drink a ton of water to re-hydrate because I always feel like lose so much liquid... I know disgusting..I don't care.
  • conorpatmanCHANGED
    conorpatmanCHANGED Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    did she mean it as in sweating just wasn't her thing? :laugh:
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm not a large sweater, (the word sounds funny to me) but when wearing a bandana in the morning when working out my hair is a little damp when I remove my curlers. I sweat in my hair, armpits and ahem. I don't sweat buckets though. Oh yeah, even after being on the treadmill in cardio mode for 40 or 45 mins, I don't have sweat dripping like crazy.

I think I kinda wish I did after seeing the Insanity and TapouT XT infomercials. I really don't want to sweat buckets but after seeing the infomercials it makes me think they've burned a ton of calories. Leonard Garcia wrings his shirt out in a Tapout XT 2 video.

Look at the TapouT XT 2 video at 3:03 to see Leonard Garcia wring his shirt out.
  • mellymo29
    mellymo29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Genteel ladies of the Old South do not sweat or perspire; rather, they are said to "glow." Perhaps your friend glows. :flowerforyou:
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I rarely break a sweat either. The ONLY time I have ever really even had enough sweat to make it wet under my arms was when I took some Thermogenics. I have done p90x, I have done insanity, I have done Tabatas, and Hiit. I wear a heart rate monitor.. I just don't sweat. Weird.

eta I will feel damp on my forehead, chest, back etc. but I have never been DRIPPING with sweat even after an hour on the elliptical.
  • Mimoki
    Mimoki Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I use to rarely sweat as well, but now that I live in a hot country where the electricity comes on when it wants and I have to work out with no cooling system... boy oh booooy do I sweat! I mean dripping to the floor, drenched never before in my life, salt in my eyes sweat! LOL. And its not like I'm doing anything too hard core, just 30ds at the moment. I would try to get into running but I think people here will look at me funny. "why is this girl running, is someone chasing her?"
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    she is very thin naturally, doesn't need to work out...

Stumbling across this quote and raising an eyebrow in awe... What? Have we learned nothing over the years? So you only need to work out when you are overweight? Hm, k...
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    “We know that fitness changes the sweating response,” said Timothy Cable, Ph.D., a professor of exercise physiology at John Moores University in Liverpool, England, who has extensively studied female athletes and how they perspire. As someone becomes more fit, his or her body begins to sweat at a lower body temperature. This is important, because “the body has a critical core temperature,” Dr. Cable said, which occurs at about 104 degrees, after which the brain simply “shuts down the motor cortex.” Unbidden, your legs stop churning and you curl up on the sidewalk until your core temperature drops (or a kind passerby calls 911). Sweating delays the onset of this critical heat buildup by dissipating the excess heat through evaporation. If you start to sweat at a lower temperature and increase your sweating rate as you get hotter during hard exercise, you’re less likely to reach the critical temperature."

http://ihearttosweat.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/why-we-all-sweat-differently.html