kimmy666 Posts: 56
    Options
    does anyone have one??

are they worth investing in ??

i'm thinking they maybe fun aswell as helping get fit :laugh:

kimmyxx
  • heatherrae
    Options
    My friend has one and i tried it one night - it is fun but i dont think there is that much in it that can keep you really fit. The best thing i used was the hula hoop - if you can keep that up for 20 mins then it will defo help but the rest is just for fun.
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I want one soooo bad but you can't find one around here.
    I got my son the wii for christmas and him and I have played a lot - tennis, bowling, baseball (not so great at) It really is fun and I'm so glad to see video and fitness linked for a change.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I also want one!!! Ask Healthier_Me and she can tell you, she uses it often. I wore my HRM once doing tennis and boxing and burned over 300 calories in less than an hr. I came downstairs drenched in sweat and my husband and daughter looked at me like I was crazy :laugh: :laugh: I really got into the boxing. :flowerforyou:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I have it - I was silly enough to wait in line opening night and got it at midnight. Anyways, it is worth it. I use mostly the cardio and balance portions of the game. In about an hour and 15 minutes of hard use you can burn about 700-750 calories (according to my HRM).

But like anything, your benefits depend on what you put in to it. But the game does a great job on giving you advice.

The hoola hoop, running, and boxing are probably some of the best exercise in the game. I usually do step to warm up, then move on to some running to get my heart rate up, do a half hour of free step, then a mix of boxing and hoola hoop to finish up.

Hoola hoop will kill you if you try to move through it too fast - or else my abs are just that out of shape. It usually causes my heart rate to spike pretty hard.