STRETCH MARKS

Options

Replies

• shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Is there some tips how to prevent them? I'm starting to loose weight and I'm using body lotion every evening, and sometimes dietary supplement that contains extra collagen, what else?
    U can't prevent thm. They're genetic
  • dreamypone
    Options
    I know my stretch marks are becoming more visible as I lose weight and I talked to my mom about it (three kids, over exerciser) and he said just take any lotion (it doesn't have to be a special kind) and massage it into the stretch marks till they get red, showing that there is blood flow. It has been working for me, it has worked to an extent on my mom. This also works on scars.
  • dreamypone
    Options
    Is there some tips how to prevent them? I'm starting to loose weight and I'm using body lotion every evening, and sometimes dietary supplement that contains extra collagen, what else?
    I am taking l-lysine for skin and tissue support and that seems to be making my skin much nicer. When you lotion don't just rub it on, actually massage the tissue to break up the scar tissue.
  • alastria
    alastria Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    People love you for you. I had my son with another man and the man I am with has never once been appauled by my battle scars. He calls them my stripes there is nothing wrong with hardship. If someone loves you your flaws are irrelevant.

Operating word "IF". That's the issue. "IF" someone loves you. You gotta get them to love you first before they accept your flaws.
  • dreamypone
    Options

yeah, don't lose weight.
    Or gain weight, gain muscles, lose muscles, have a kid, grow taller or any thing else like that.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    38t1j.jpg
    c418920a-c465-44f6-9744-8fe9b2c3c5f5.jpg

I can't believe i did this, i have stretch marks. Yes i admit it, I know no one will ever love me and they are hideous. Oh my life is so over cause of these damn battle wounds aka stretch marks.

I still have fat to lose, that's not loose skin that's fat.

That took a lot of courage.. congrats on your success!
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options

yeah, don't lose weight.
    Or gain weight, gain muscles, lose muscles, have a kid, grow taller or any thing else like that.

So basically don't exist?
  • dreamypone
    Options

yeah, don't lose weight.

So basically don't exist?
    Haha, pretty much. I don't think they are that big a deal and everyone gets them. Really there is not absolute cure. Supposedly laser treatment helps.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    I love my stretch marks, they are beautiful. I just hate the slightly sagging skin that has accompanied them hehe
  • MrsWells1983
    Options
    I am unsure of how to post my pics their in my profile, but I am sooo not concerned with my stretch marks ... are they the prettiest things to look at? No. But I earned those, they are my battle scars damnit! And I will not be ashamed of them! lol

^^ THIS! I've got 3 kids, stretch marks are the least of my worries!

I WILL wear a 2 piece though. There's a red vintage high waisted bikini out there has my name on it!!!
  • dreamypone
    Options
    I love my stretch marks, they are beautiful. I just hate the slightly sagging skin that has accompanied them hehe
    Yeah, that is the part I am afraid of, sagging skin, I am hoping that I am young enough that it won't sag much, because I know with the way my brain works I would keep looking at it thinking it is fat even if I know it isn't. :ohwell:
  • madelinemcgee
    madelinemcgee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've got stretch marks but they're on the inside of my upper thighs. And it's not from fat but ganging muscle :P Why did that have to happen??
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Yes, you CAN PREVENT them! Cocoa oil! Not cocoa butter. Moisturize! I have a good friend who applied cocoa oil every night from the moment she got pregnant until 1 year after the baby was born. Her mother and sister both got stretch marks, but she did not. :)

Once you have them though, they do not go away, continue to moisturize to prevent more, and don't worry about it too much.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I have had stretch marks since puberty - bigger ones one my upper hips and thighs and smaller ones on my boobs (no idea why there as they have never been big). I went from a skinny 12 year old to a 13 year old with boobs and a large butt very quickly. So even with teenage elastic skin, I got them. They have pretty much stayed the same for the last 30+ years. They are varying sizes but some are really quite wide, but they are all white as they are so old. Luckily (?), in that regard, I am glow in the dark white so they blend in and do not really stand out. I really do not pay attention to them as they are so much a part of me now. I really do not think other people really pay attention to them, or at least I have not had a single person comment to me about them (but they could be skeeeered or me). I have also had cellulite since puberty - now that is one thing I do pay attention to and hate about my body, even though I am not sure other people IRL really pay attention to it either. I think it is because I can do something about the cellulite, but not the stretch marks..maybe. We really are our own worse critics sometimes.
  • alexandraleaden
    Options
    I have had stretch marks since puberty - bigger ones one my upper hips and thighs and smaller ones on my boobs (no idea why there as they have never been big). I went from a skinny 12 year old to a 13 year old with boobs and a large butt very quickly. So even with teenage elastic skin, I got them. They have pretty much stayed the same for the last 30+ years. They are varying sizes but some are really quite wide, but they are all white as they are so old. Luckily (?), in that regard, I am glow in the dark white so they blend in and do not really stand out. I really do not pay attention to them as they are so much a part of me now. I really do not think other people really pay attention to them, or at least I have not had a single person comment to me about them (but they could be skeeeered or me). I have also had cellulite since puberty - now that is one thing I do pay attention to and hate about my body, even though I am not sure other people IRL really pay attention to it either. I think it is because I can do something about the cellulite, but not the stretch marks..maybe. We really are our own worse critics sometimes.

Hey Sara! When you talk about getting rid of the cellulite, is that from lifting?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I dont have before pics of my belly...I now wish i did.

looking for MFP appropriate picture
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Hey Sara! When you talk about getting rid of the cellulite, is that from lifting?

Reducing body fat mainly - but doing lifting to recomp dat azz so you have more muscle. You never totally get rid of it, but you can improve it. Mine is much better than it was.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Back in my lifting days, I had stretch marks on my chest and arms. I miss those guys. Haha. Now I just have 'em around my mid-section. I won't miss those guys when they're gone. :)
  • TakinSexyBack
    TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    38t1j.jpg
    c418920a-c465-44f6-9744-8fe9b2c3c5f5.jpg

I can't believe i did this, i have stretch marks. Yes i admit it, I know no one will ever love me and they are hideous. Oh my life is so over cause of these damn battle wounds aka stretch marks.

I still have fat to lose, that's not loose skin that's fat.

Pu, there is nothing to do but love you!!! You are awesome!! Thanks for making me LOSE the idea that loose skin can't be fixed without surgery!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I have horribly deep ones all across my hips and many more shallow ones over my stomach and upper thighs. You can't really see them in some of my profile pics, but there are a couple pictures where they are pretty visible. I found a bikini that covers the worst ones and through losing weight and working out it seems my skin has shifted in a good way. But, I've come to accept them and not care about the ones people do see when I wear my string bikini to the pool. I worked really hard to get my body to look how I want it to, and I'll be damned if a few scars from my pregnancy are going to force me into hiding it! lol. I mean it's basically like saying women should be ashamed of having babies, or gaining weight and then losing it, or working out. Really, there should be no shame for having stretchmarks, in men or women. I guarantee that no one cares as much about your stretchmarks as you do. :) Learn to love them and embrace them. Every scar has a story and a reason for being there, they are part of what make us who we are, and they are not ugly!!! Maybe not our own definition of beauty, but nothing to hide or shy away from either! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!