Get a Fitbit/Jawbone or what?

Options
I have a HRM already for running, but I was curious if anyone has experience with the pedometer/sleep monitor type devices and thinks they are worth it. Amazon seems to have very mixed reviews and doesn't look like nike fuel syncs with MFP.

Thanks ahead of time!

Replies

• VinEnzo
    VinEnzo Posts: 11
    Options
    There is a new Fitbit coming out soon called the Fitbit Flex I'd wait for that before deciding.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I have a fit bit but once I got it I stopped using my HRM. I feel like something like the body media might have been a better option for me because of that. That being said, I do love my fit bit.
  • kirstyb393
    Options
    i have a fitbit zip which i wear all day except when exercising - i still use my hrm for that

its a great device for counting steps and keep motivated x
  • McSpike
    McSpike Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My wife and I both have Fitbit One's. We also have the Fitbit Aria which is a scale that integrates with fitbi.com, and, by extension, MFP.

I love the fitbit, and it has really helped motivate both of us to get moving. I find myself parking further from the doors when shopping, going down aisles I don't need to, and getting on the treadmill at strange times just to hit some milestone.

For example, a couple of nights ago, I started to crawl into bed, looked at my fitbit, and it said 19,480 steps. 500 steps is only about 5 minutes on the treadmill at 4mph for me, so I did it, just to have a 20k day!

On another note, my son had a Jawbone Up, but had problems with it, so returned it. He is waiting for the Flex, as he wants the wristband type device.
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    There is a new Fitbit coming out soon called the Fitbit Flex I'd wait for that before deciding.

This ^^ , especially since the Flex is water resistant! I have a Fitbit Ultra & I love it!
  • cwils35
    cwils35 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Ill check it out
  • psm450
    psm450 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'd stay away from the Jawbone Up, I had one of the 2.0 version ones and it failed after a few months. I looked at Amazon and there seems to be a very high failure rate. While it worked it was good.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One for about 2 months now & I really like it. Its very motivating & definitely has me moving more. I really like the activity reports you can generate when you are working out. I'm doing the C25K program & when I go into the activity report it shows me how fast I'm running and how many calories i'm burning/minute and other stuff. for a numbers nerd like me its really interesting
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Look at Bodymedia fit