Help me survive a work based residential!

Options
I am required to attend an over night meeting as part of my new job, and am very worried about how I am going to stick to the changes I have made as all food is provided and there is little free time.

I want to create the right impression as the new girl but don't want to trash my efforts in order to do that!

Any advice?

Replies

• Strokes_and_Lathers
    Strokes_and_Lathers Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Moderation is the key. Obviosuly, try to stick to the healthiest options that are provided. In the case there is real no healthy options, then just small portions. Are you staying at a hotel? IF yes, then smaller portions and bring some healty snacks with you that you can eat in your free time.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    It's one night - relax. One night where you can't control your food is not going to destroy your effort so far.

Do what Strokes said and just stay on track on either side of it.
  • jbriands
    jbriands Posts: 7
    Options
    I agree...smaller portions. Drink more water. And if staying somewhere that has stairs, go up and down them instead of the elevator and perhaps you can do a few sets of them so that IF you happen to go eat something that isn't our friend then you can help that by the little exercise.
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I travel a lot and have times where you don't have as much say in the meals. Most people chose pretty generic meals. Usually have veggies and salads. And usually present some options and besides- one night is no biggie - you'll be fine
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Keep it moderate and try to work in some exercise before you go or when you get back. If you're in a hotel and it has a gym you could try to get some time on the tread or elliptical? Or maybe say to the group, "good meal, but I'm a little stuffed- anyone want to go for a walk with me?" If you say it in a friendly half kidding way you might get some takers and make some new friends while you're at it? Or if you're staying in a hotel and have your own room when you get back upstairs get on youtube and find you a 20-30 minute work out video?