Hi - I am a MFP Newbie

Options
Hi All. I am new to this. I started my weight loss journey at the end of January and so far have lost 22lbs. I have such a long way to go and hope to be able get support and inspiration from this site.

Been out walking today - did 2 miles - well it;s a start.

Look forward to hearing other stories

Alison xx

Replies

• Dawnog
    Dawnog Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, My names Dawn and im 43. Add me as a friend and i will support you i log in every day x
  • alilove2307
    Options
    Thanks Dawn, need all the help I can help. How are you doing ? How much have you lost ?
  • The_Transforming_Journey
    Options
    Hi there! Congrats on your loss thus far... that's a great start! :smile: I'm down about 38 lbs. from my highest weight (which I accomplished with the help of WW). MFP is a GREAT website... lots of support & ideas here! Welcome!
  • alilove2307
    Options
    Thanks
  • HoneyPie99
    Options
    Hi Allison, Welcome. My name is Wanda and I have a lot to lose too, you can add me if you want.
  • alechner07
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

I'm kinda new to this. I started back in October and really never went anywhere with it, but now I'm back and ready to go. I recently got a membership to Planet Fitness and have been going 2-3 times a wk, but my bingeing on food needs to stop. I get so hungry after working out and then all I want to do is eat. If anyone has any recommendations as to what to do when this happens, hit me up...I NEED inspiration :)
  • VasylP
    VasylP Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP,

It's good to hear the news on your loss since January. I was out for a walk too this morning and you are right about it being a start. When I decided to make a lifestyle change back at the end of October, I found it difficult to walk two miles without taking a break. This morning I walked just over six miles and nearly six and quarter. And I wouldn't say it was a snap, but when you make a decision and stick too it you will get the results.

Best of luck and anyone here is more than welcome to add me as a friend.

Cheerz,

Vasyl
  • VasylP
    VasylP Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    To the person who has mentioned their starting to going to Planet Fitness that is great, but I what helped me a lot was learning how to eat healthier foods - I stay away from processed and highly processed foods completely and that is what has made a big difference this time around in trying to get rid of my extra weight.

You are more than welcome to add me as a friend. Remember, every journey starts with a single step!