STRETCH MARKS

Options

Replies

• rebecca8787
    Options
    I have always had them on my theighs, and around my hips. they are pretty fair, but i have noticed a small one on my arm now too.

i use nivea body firming lotion after I have a bath, it works after 2 weeks to decrease the sight of them, and it tones up your skin too.

hope this helps x
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    before, 215lbs, size 18:
    32479585_5683.jpg
    Afterr, 155, size 6:
    32479585_7585.jpg

I have them still, but they've faded a fair amount.

wowsers!!
    Thank you!!:flowerforyou:
  • JudithEssex
    JudithEssex Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I agree. If stretch marks were the worst thing about a person...I mean,would you love a person who CARED about stretch marks? Not me!
  • Cassycat
    Cassycat Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've learned the best way to treat stretch marks.

Accept them.

I was a tiny kid, around 12, i ballooned out and got stretch marks on my belly, my back, thighs, arms. I lost all the weight and they're still there. But you know what? Don't care. They'll be there til the day I die. Just like freckles or moles or anything else i can't change. But I changed my weight. Thats what matters.
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I love my stretch marks, they are beautiful.

I LOVE this attitude!!! I never thought to spin it around in a positive light. I'm stealing your way of thinking :):flowerforyou:
  • a_claire
    a_claire Posts: 61
    Options
    Yes, you CAN PREVENT them! Cocoa oil! Not cocoa butter. Moisturize! I have a good friend who applied cocoa oil every night from the moment she got pregnant until 1 year after the baby was born. Her mother and sister both got stretch marks, but she did not. :)

Once you have them though, they do not go away, continue to moisturize to prevent more, and don't worry about it too much.

I'm sorry but no, sometimes you cannot prevent them. Maybe for people that are not prone to stretch marks that works, but the thing is, if you're going to get them--you're going to get them. I got mine mostly from just growing up. Not from gaining or losing weight.
  • ninaleen
    ninaleen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is an issue for me, because I got them during my third trimester even though I took great care to avoid them. The thing is that no matter what I do, that sagging skin is always going to be there. I'm already at my desired weight, but then all the skin hangs and forms this pouch on my abdomen. I hate it. It's hard to get motivated to really exercise and tone when I know I'm always going to have a belly. (and as far as losing weight, the more I lose the less breasts I have. So I'm kinda damned either way lol).
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Yes, you CAN PREVENT them! Cocoa oil! Not cocoa butter. Moisturize! I have a good friend who applied cocoa oil every night from the moment she got pregnant until 1 year after the baby was born. Her mother and sister both got stretch marks, but she did not. :)

Once you have them though, they do not go away, continue to moisturize to prevent more, and don't worry about it too much.

She probably didn't prevent them. Most likely she was never gonna get them to begin with.
  • ELesyshyn
    ELesyshyn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've lost 100 pounds and have some stretch marks on my abs and hips. I've been getting laser treatments to remove the stretch marks. The laser treatment is called SmartXide. It take multiple treatments to remove them, but I've seen great results so far!!
  • AlexBoBalex79
    AlexBoBalex79 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

I'm sorry but no, sometimes you cannot prevent them. Maybe for people that are not prone to stretch marks that works, but the thing is, if you're going to get them--you're going to get them. I got mine mostly from just growing up. Not from gaining or losing weight.

Can't prevent them if it's in the cards for you. I moisturized like crazy but still got them It's genetics.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Is there some tips how to prevent them? I'm starting to loose weight and I'm using body lotion every evening, and sometimes dietary supplement that contains extra collagen, what else?
    U can't prevent thm. They're genetic

Scars are genetic? Did you hear that from Dr. Oz?
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    daterminedfatburnerX Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    People love you for you. I had my son with another man and the man I am with has never once been appauled by my battle scars. He calls them my stripes there is nothing wrong with hardship. If someone loves you your flaws are irrelevant.

Operating word "IF". That's the issue. "IF" someone loves you. You gotta get them to love you first before they accept your flaws.

Amen!!!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    38t1j.jpg
    c418920a-c465-44f6-9744-8fe9b2c3c5f5.jpg

I can't believe i did this, i have stretch marks. Yes i admit it, I know no one will ever love me and they are hideous. Oh my life is so over cause of these damn battle wounds aka stretch marks.

I still have fat to lose, that's not loose skin that's fat.

That took a lot of courage.. congrats on your success!

Thanks, i was being sarcastic what i wrote(not sure if you saw that).

Unfortunately, tone is something I cannot detect via internetz.. I don't think it's really nice to mock people who are struggling with those thoughts, though that may or may not have been your intention.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    I love my stretch marks, they are beautiful.

I LOVE this attitude!!! I never thought to spin it around in a positive light. I'm stealing your way of thinking :):flowerforyou:

:smile: :flowerforyou:
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options

She probably didn't prevent them. Most likely she was never gonna get them to begin with.

TRUE.

I did the whole cocoa butter/oil thing with my first child.. waste of time/money because I ended up getting stretch marks in the exact same places as my mother. I was meant to get them.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Is there some tips how to prevent them? I'm starting to loose weight and I'm using body lotion every evening, and sometimes dietary supplement that contains extra collagen, what else?
    U can't prevent thm. They're genetic

Scars are genetic? Did you hear that from Dr. Oz?

I think what they mean by saying they're genetic is that some people are born with more elasticity in their skin than others.
  • kygibson315
    kygibson315 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump.. I hope to add my pics soon!
  • sarahsim48
    sarahsim48 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Been using Suave cocoa butter with shea body lotion for six months, just once a day, and I swear they have gotten much, much lighter.
  • flynnegan
    flynnegan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love my strech marks aswell :) and i also love my c section scar!! I adore my babies and they remind me they lived in me once upon a time :)
    My strech marks are almost gone in fairness, my section scar is as good as invisible i dont moisturise daily....actually i wouldnt even say once a week, on my first son i used bio oil for about a week and it was destroying all my clothes so i gave up.
    The little "pouch" of skin above the section scar annoys me, if i could banish that id be happy :)

And just to add i had two sections, and my youngest will be 2 in two weeks. My section scar was very faded by the time she was 10 months old. so anyone just after a section take heart <3
  • lessofheather
    lessofheather Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've found that emu oil does a good job at reducing the appearance of stretch marks/helps prevent getting more. I think it's different for everyone. I have spidery thin silver marks on my hips, yet on my upper arms I had deep, thick marks that looked like trenches running down my arms. I hate the ones on my arms more than I ever hated other marks, even the bright red belly marks I got as a teenager - my boyfriend at the time didn't care about those - he said they made me look like an alien princess.

No kids, all down to rapid puberty and then (later on) getting fat. I won't wear a two-piece until my belly button is no longer a frown on my stomach, but I won't care about the marks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!