Weight loss &!another poop question...sorry

Options
I know this is a gross topic but I need to know! I weighed my self this morning and recorded my new weight. This after noon I had a really good bm and was down almost 2 lbs making my weight loss 25 lbs. Does this count? Can I record this as my new weight?

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Lucky you, I normally weigh more after that for some reason. I don't know if I'd count it though.
  • ldbuster0
    ldbuster0 Posts: 207
    Options
    I'm no expert, but I think bm and pee pee is the way the body gets rid of excess weight. I ate lentil soup one week (two times a day) and I was in the bathroom forever with bm. When I weighed in one week later, I was down four pounds. I'm getting ready to do it again.:smile:
  • kellywitcher13
    Options
    Not really.. Your weight will fluctuate 2-3 pounds everyday depending on if you have gone to the bathroom yet that day or not. That is why people who take hard core laxatives can lose so much weight. They lose a lot of water and their number 2. But it will come back within a few days.
  • DopeyDudleyDursley
    Options
    All I can say is weigh yourself at the same time, preferably right when you wake up. If you want it can be after going number 1 or number 2; however, don't weigh yourself one day after number 2 and then the next day before going number 2.

Weights can fluctuate anywhere around 1-5 pounds in one day alone.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    no. a super-dump doesn't mean you've really lost anything more than crap.

weigh yourself under the same conditions every time and you won't have to wonder.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    i usaly weigh myself every morning after i go to the toilet doing number 1&2 always been a morning goer.

Yes i know should not weigh myself everyday blah blah but it helps me stay motivated
  • Cinnabon64
    Options
    Well, you almost rained on my parade......but when I weighed myself this morning at my usual time and having had a decent supper the night before...I still weighed the same after my big BM! So, this time, it counts! :)
  • FoodandFitness
    FoodandFitness Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    How many times do you weigh yourself in a day?
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Weight can fluctuate up to 5 lbs throughout the day. You are best off to weigh yourself at the same time, on the same scale(if possible) each weigh in. If you prefer to do it after a BM than that is totally up to you. My weight fluctuates 2 lbs throughout the day. In the morning I am 126 lbs, in the evening I bounce between 124-125.
  • dkrebsbach
    dkrebsbach Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count it as your new weight. I weigh once a week as recommended by most sites at the same time of day with the same clothing (shorts & t-shirt).
  • Cinnabon64
    Options
    I usually just weigh myself once a day....this day I was just curious to see what the difference was.
  • jefftow
    jefftow Posts: 2
    Options
    its not a bad subject i was told years ago to weigh myself in the morning after going to the loo and before eating this essentially means you are weighing you and not extras lol and weighing the same time and situation is more consistent
  • pkoll
    pkoll Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I don't go #2 every day, so I make sure when I do my weekly weight, I weigh on a day I did go__ so it is consistent.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    It's long haul fluctuations that count. If you change your weight as it varies daily.
    You'll be recording ups as well. That might be disheartening.
    P.S. Google says the average dump is about 8 ounces. half pound.
    So if you were carrying 2 pounds of it? Yikes! : )
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I'm a daily weigher too. I weigh myself first thing every morning. I understand their are fluctuations so I don't take them to heart. I always try to beat my last lowest number because that's what I record. It works for me. I stay motivated this way. On average I lose weight once or twice a week the rest of the week I might go up or stay the same but after a weeks time it usually averages 1-2 pounds a week. Bms sometimes effect it and sometimes they don't. I am a once every two to three days kinda girl.... Always have been. It doesn't effect my ability to lose at all.

If I were you I'd record it. If the scale is always trending down its a new low to beat, that's the way I see it.
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Your weight will fluctuate by more than that in one day. You should weigh at the same time every day (if you insist on weighing daily which is generally not helpful).
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I usually lose a pound or so after dropping the browns off at the pool as well. I used to be dissapointed that I was seeing no progress on the scale or that I gained but it always turns out to be this.