let's help each other to be binge free

Options
jen_zz
jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
Hi all! Been using MFP for awhile and reading the forums but only started posting lately. My main issue is to remain binge free.. I would do well for a few days then I would go on this crazy binge (usually on processed carbs like bread and crackers and chocolates). This has been going for MONTHS and I gained more than 20 pounds in the past year. Please feel free to add me so we can keep each other accountable!!

And I must say I admire many on this board for their great progress!

Replies

• sgtlee13
    sgtlee13 Posts: 66
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this. I don't tend to binge on processed foods and sweets but I just like food, good food. I'll get a meal I wouldn't normally allow myself to have like pasta or mexican or something. Feel free to add me, We can try to talk each other off the ledge :)
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I discovered that when I started eating more I no longer binged. Take a a good look at your diary and consider adding another 300 calories, or use another calculator other than MFP. I find MFP to be too low in their calorie goals. Would love to see your diary. I suspect you aren't eating enough. Don't deprive yourself either, if you want it work it into your calorie goal.
  • jen_zz
    Options
    Thanks for your advice JeSuisPrest! It might be the strict calorie counting that's stressing me out. I know deep down it's cals in cals out but I just keep eating while hating myself for it!!
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    Don't hate yourself for it. Have pride in yourself. You have committed to a lifestyle change. Many give up, but you won't! Measure all your food and get yourself a food scale. Please raise your calories. Your body will reward you for it!! I'm 5'2" and usually eat between 1800 and 2000 calories a day.
  • jen_zz
    Options
    I am also afraid of ruining my metabolism by eating just 1200 calories a day (even though I can never adhere to it.. my best attempts are usually around 1400). I really need to ditch the processed carb snacks and eat real food.
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    Yes!!! Ditch the processed garbage. Read your ingredients on those things, that did the trick for me. You can do this, but I'd raise that goal a little higher even. Make sure you are eating back your exercise calories too. MFP has already created a deficit for you. So eat and enjoy!!
  • shonaj80
    shonaj80 Posts: 16
    Options
    Binging is my big problem to! Esp processed carbs!! Happy to join in and say NO! to the binge ;)
  • jen_zz
    Options
    Thanks JeSuisPrest!

Shonaj we can do this!!
  • sgtlee13
    sgtlee13 Posts: 66
    Options
    jenzenzen, the best way to eat well is find foods as close to their natural state as possible. if there are a bunch of ingredients on a food's list, then ditch it. I make a lot of my own foods and have created some real good replacements for a lot of the stuff that's out there. I make a protein bar even that is a good snack, healthy and you can make it a little sweet if you want. i also tweaked a bread recipe into some really healthy and satisfying muffins. if you make it, you control what goes into it so get creative! what do you tend to crave most sweets, salty, anything depending on your mood? i can try to offer some advice if you let me know what you're looking for.
  • jordansh1961
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :happy:
  • LynnMartin78
    LynnMartin78 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I tend to binge as well. However since mfp I don't binge as bad as I did before cause I log everything and this holds me accountable for my food intake thus reducing my binge cravings. I do still have a cheat day, cause it is the only way I seem to stick with the low calories. It seems to be working. I tend to have a week where I lose, a week where I don't lose any but don't gain, so I am just trying to watch what I binge on for my cheat day. Everything in moderation.

You can do it
  • Jenn010101
    Jenn010101 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing to binge on is chocolate. I was doing pretty well until Valentines Day happened and i got a very large chocolate gift basket... and then with Easter came Cadbury creme eggs. I would love to join the fight since my chocolate binges destroy what I work so hard for during the day :( Feel free to add me!