Old fat clothes...

Options
I've read a lot of posts about how people have been able to shed their 'fat' clothes and wear smaller sizes, which is excellent! So why don't you start selling some of these clothes on eBay? Eventually, you're going to have a whole new wardrobe (it's horrible, what repercussions weight loss has :laugh:) , so what better way to make some money to go towards this than waving goodbye to your old clothes for good?!

Just a thought. :)

Replies

• raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    I've been selling mine on ebay with great success! It's a fantastic idea :)
  • Jesusfollower72
    Options
    I donate mine, either to a friend or someone in need.
  • spike1380
    spike1380 Posts: 82
    Options
    I can't wait until I can get out of my fat clothes. I don't have enough clothes to bother selling though and the quality isn't good enough for donating. I have 3 pairs of pants. That's it. I have a bunch of shirts but most of them I will wear even when I lose weight and have been wearing from 160-220.

I do agree though that eBay is a great idea for normal women who actually have clothes.
  • karenga
    karenga Posts: 28
    Options
    I take mine to charity shops hoping they might make a little bit of money.
  • christopherwarren
    Options
    I've also gotten rid of clothes by taking them to Goodwill or giving them to a friend.

Selling on Ebay takes too long for my tastes, and I don't want to deal with mailing each individual sale off just to make a couple bucks. It's much more worthwhile to me to get rid of everything quickly and easily, and have it all be gone and forgotten about.
  • kerrera
    kerrera Posts: 43
    Options
    I got rid of mine through the 'bags to school' programme. The school gets money for each kg. Believe me they made money and i got rid of my old stuff. I have a bag in the hall right now half filled for the next one which is in October, hopefully i can fill another bag and drop another dress size 2 dress sizes lost already 2 to go!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm going to take mine to a consignment shop that pays cash for them, no worrying have them selling and then getting money for them. I'll take my newer, nicer ones there and donate the rest I think.
  • Jb27
    Jb27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I had a garage sale a few weeks ago i had soooo many clothes to get rid of and made over $400 for the sale, money to buy new clothes !!!!! The best part of losing weight :) I have lost 50 pounds as of today since last nov so i feel i desirve new clothes(that and mine fall off now which is great!)
  • rad007
    rad007 Posts: 26
    Options
    Nice.............I've been trying to do the same or I'll drop in those Planet Earth boxes where they donate them.
  • shaggys
    shaggys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You can always trade-csingleton24 has a swap site,he just started for MFP members... http://www.ssquadchronicles.com/newuswapshop/
    or you can send her a message...
  • shaggys
    shaggys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You can always trade-csingleton24 has a swap site,he just started for MFP members... http://www.ssquadchronicles.com/newuswapshop/
    or you can send her a message...

OOPS-SHE!!!!
    She has a blog on here also :smile:
  • shawnalmil
    shawnalmil Posts: 137
    Options
    I can't wait until I can get out of my fat clothes. I don't have enough clothes to bother selling though and the quality isn't good enough for donating. I have 3 pairs of pants. That's it. I have a bunch of shirts but most of them I will wear even when I lose weight and have been wearing from 160-220.

I do agree though that eBay is a great idea for normal women who actually have clothes.
    well im just starting but when i do get outta my fat clothes i wont beable to to sell or donate either, i have like 5 shirts and 3 bottoms, and the bottoms are becoming wore out inbetween the legs where my legs rub together,
  • samdempsey38
    Options
    am just starting to notice that trousers are getting loose and belts need to be done up an extra notch. Am looking forward to having to need new clothes because they are too big instead of too small :laugh: