What's the biggest weakness in your diet or lifestyle?

Options

Replies

• ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Chips and working every other weekend, when I'm stressed I consume the bag :grumble: :explode: :mad:
  • ladyrider55
    Options
    also alcohol, it seems like i just can't have control

Not Nutella? :)

nutella is the reason why i gained 13 lbs in a month :(

@Nutella91.....ditch the nutella and use PB2 instead, Oh my gosh there is life without nutella, who knew?!!
  • ladyrider55
    Options
    Ice Cream! With summer around the corner I crave it pretty much every night after dinner, and froyo just isn't the same as soft serve in a sugar cone! I found a few great recipes for homemade sorbet so I am going to try to kill the craving with that! :)

@ely2789...I loved ice cream at one time too, but now I make my own using a frozen banana, flax seed, PB2, a smidge of soymilk mix in food processor and POW...The Best Ice Cream ever!! :happy: can use frozen strawberries too....YUM!! :smile:
  • pinky_pinkster
    pinky_pinkster Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Snacks...chocolate.... cheese........:sad:
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    any kind of booze mainly wine and vodka its killing my diet for sure
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Sweets:(
  • AprilBurns86
    Options
    My COMMUTE. I have over an hour commute each way to work and it kills me...I always end up grabbing something in the drive thru or grabbing something horrible at the gas station. It's basically boredom/trying to wake up in the morning..and I'm too cheap to get something decent at Subway (I'm not paying $8 for breakfast food I don't even like...) and I'm too lazy to premake something for the drive. It's insane. And I make the excuse that "I have the room in my cals!!" but I'm at the point that I need to improve the quality of my food or I'm not going to make any more progress...UGH!
  • SoulEater7
    Options
    Crisps / Potato Chips :( - Food Addiction
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I spend too much time surfing MFP's forums
  • Tsunami79
    Tsunami79 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Lots of stuff, but mainly chicken wings, pizza, ice cream, cheese and chocolate.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    A lack of consistency. But then again, that's the biggest strength as well. If I was consistent, I would get bored.

ETA: And OP food. I have trouble resisting free food. I've been really good about what I buy lately, but when somebody offers free snacks, I'm all about it.
  • Eclips50
    Eclips50 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Food. I am a professional personal chef. I like food. I dislike exercise, but know if I want to enjoy all food, I better do it. I read, and search new recipes daily.
  • bekah818
    bekah818 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Pizza and alcohol
  • fitnessfreddie
    fitnessfreddie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My entire pantry, late at night. I can go all day without even breaking a sweating eating good. Once 11pm rolls around I crave and almost die until I have something that's not good for me.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Wine
  • likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Sugar. I like cake, ice cream, poptarts, and reese's peanut butter cups. I mean. I really like them. Like this past week I said **** IT and I personally am responsible for taking down a 62 oz lemon cooler cake from costco, a 42 oz tuxedo mousse cake from costco, 20 brown sugar cinnamon poptarts, 1 pint of dulce de leche haagen dazs, 1 box of mini magnum gold ice cream bars, and 60 reese's pb eggs. No, I don't have diabetes (I actually have low blood sugar most of the time). And I weigh 95 lbs. I weighed 92 before this week though lolll

I have no problems sticking to a calorie intake until I start eating sweets again and then it all goes to hell because I can't do moderation when it comes to sugar. For stuff like pizza, fries, potato salad, bagel with cream cheese? Sure. Even though those foods are energy dense/high cal and not that filling, I can stop after 1 - 2 servings. Dessert? Nope. I don't have an off switch.
  • rebecca8787
    Options
    Junk food...
    Booze...
    Chips...
    Bread..
  • Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    For me it's dairy..pretty much any kind. I LOVE ice cream!! I can't keep it in the house. I love baking brie, or having nacho's, I love cream in my coffee the whole spectrum of dairy I worship.

Problem is I have a sensitivity to it. So when I am on dairy no word of a lie I can gain 10 lbs in a week from all the water my body holds on to. My body just swells like like a member of the Klump family. 90% of the time I can be off of dairy and use substitues ( soy, almond etc) be totally cool with that and happy as a clam. But I will slip up and go to DQ or something with friends and then for like 2 weeks I am a FEIND. I will feel awful and bloated, get earaches and have all these other horrible symptoms from eating it but it's like I have been possessed by the power of the cow. I will have to go up at dress size while I eat it b/c my stomach expands until I look like I am roughly 6. months pregnant

So once I have gotten over it I have re-lose 10 or so pounds that I have gained with eating ( luckily most of it is water my body held on to trying to protect me from....me) Why do I do this to myself??? I will never fully understand :(

Other then that mabe ice tea comes in as a very distant 2nd...lol
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Sugar.
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    -emotional/stress eating
    -carbs (bread, bake goods, sweets)
    -using more calories for snacks compared to meals