Menstruation happens - Sorry guys...

Options
Heather75
Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
Hello all. How much weight would be added on the second day of TOM? I know it's an estimate, but I need a rough idea, please.

Thanks ladies, and guys in the know...

Replies

• RhondaCrombie
    Options
    Lordy, some times I gain 3 or 4 pounds during my TOTM. GAH! Damn hormones and water weight.:grumble:
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I put on about 2 pounds of water and bloating weight this time around. I drink tons of water and really try to be good but yesterday was a nightmare.

When I don't eat right I can go up as high as 4 pounds. But usually after a few days I go back to normal.
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    2 pounds is my usual. :grumble:
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    2-4 lbs for me.:angry:
  • sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This is the worst time of the month for me...I have PMS and gain about 5lbs...just hate it! I have been paying closer attention and noticed if I eat foods with a lot of sodium it is worse. I just need to remember to drink tons of water it makes me feel better.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    RULE....DON'T WEIGH DURING TOM!!!! It is so discouraging is not good for you. Mr. Scale is a fibber during this time of month. Turn your back on him right now! :bigsmile:
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I can gain anywhere from 5-8 lbs. It sucks!!!!
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    i actually dont gain weight when im on TOM.

everyone body is different some loses some gain and some just stay in remain. i have never once gained a lb. so i guess im good in a way. but i dont lose either.
    so it works its way
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I don't gain weight either during my TOM. I suggest going with a 2-3 pounds though, just to be sure.
  • RhondaCrombie
    Options
    I learned that lesson, too. In fact, I won't weigh until the end of the week AFTER my period. That way, things are back in balance.
  • fromPuertoRico
    Options
    this is VERY good to know.

yestarday I weigh and noticed that i didnt loose any pound =( in he last 7 days.
    now Im in TOM and I hope that it is the cause of that unproductive 7 days
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Up to 7lbs and I am with the others. I gave up weight during that time. Not until a couple days after it is COMPLETELY gone. Too depressing and upsetting.
  • fraochin
    fraochin Posts: 48
    Options
    I have endromitiotus and on a really bad month I can gain up to 10lbs! So upsetting!
    Step away from the scales, avoid salt, eat as much fresh food as possible and drink LOADS of water. This helps me!
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I gain anywhere from 2-7 lbs. and it is very depressing and I don't weigh in when TOM arrives.
  • futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    I don't know if I have ever gained I have always lost but maybe I would lose more if I wasn't on TOM.
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    two or three lbs normally, but my doc has me taking a water pill 5-6 before my period thru the end of it.. just an otc diurex.. it's cheap and this time i didn't gain any water weight actually lost almost 2 lbs while TOM was here
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I can gain anywhere from 8-12 on bad months. The last few have been between 4-8
  • jusniq
    jusniq Posts: 49
    Options
    Since joing MFP...its the only time I've ever weighted myself consistently, so i don't know how much I gain during TOM...and i don't plan to weigh myself during that time.

I feel very bloated, I don't feel like myself, I look bigger, I think getting on that scale would only make me feel worst that I already do.
  • SheLuvs2Read
    Options
    I try not to weight at all. But for me, up to 5 lbs during that week.
  • fromPuertoRico
    Options
    Very verryyyy depressing and upsettinggg .... =( I've been waiting the same the last 2 weeks thanks TOM ... ="(
    I feel biggggggg ... aggggggggg

I want to know my real weight !!!!!!!
    Up to 7lbs and I am with the others. I gave up weight during that time. Not until a couple days after it is COMPLETELY gone. Too depressing and upsetting.