My NSV!!!

Options
EK2828
EK2828 Posts: 20 Member
I have always hated running. Figured I hate it because I'm horrible at it, so I started the C25K (treadmill version) 7 weeks ago... today was going to be my last day of week 7... a 25 minute "jog." (I use that term loosely... it's barely a jog. But it counts!) About 10 minutes in I decided to just go until I had to stop and not watch the time... easier to do since I was outside instead of on the treadmill. I jogged the entire trail by our house... when I finished I looked at my hrm and it had been 42 minutes!! I managed to jog about 3.5 miles and I still can't believe it. I'm so happy! :) HIGHLY recommend the c25k program!!! Also, I'm doing the Color Run in July and was kind of scared of it... now I'm just excited. It's such a better feeling :)

Replies

• thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Wow. Great achievement!
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Be proud, that is terrific!:flowerforyou:
  • MarshaMole
    MarshaMole Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My goal is to start running! Way to go!
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness! :flowerforyou:
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! Congratulations!
  • Merlin569
    Merlin569 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That is great!! My husband started the C25K and it lead him into several 5k races and a 1/2 marathon. Great program! I had terrible terrible shin splints when I tried. I was able to do week 6 day 2 and that was it....my shins could not take it. Which really really ticked me off!!

Good luck to you!!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Yay! That is awesome!
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhhmazing! WTG!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    great job, once i hit my goal weight i am going to do the track outside instead of the elliptical
  • EK2828
    EK2828 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) I love being able to be excited about this without feeling lame or like I'm bragging. :)
  • WendyBlendy
    WendyBlendy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wow.....that's awesome!!!! No, you're not bragging -- just showing a victory and encouraging others to do the same.
  • cyndimcd
    cyndimcd Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    That's great! Congratulations on a terrific accomplishment!
  • mammachubs
    Options
    Awesome!
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    way to go !!!!
  • snarf432
    snarf432 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Way to go!
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!
  • sammiz1
    sammiz1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Congratulations!!!

I just finished my last run on C2 5K today. I agree, I have never been able to run myself, and what a great feeling when I would complete a run...and today was something I had never imagined I could ever do!! I definitely recommend Couch to 5K to anyone who is thinking about stepping up their walk!!
  • xgg2rs
    xgg2rs Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Awsome. Congratz. I remember thinking I could never run 30 minutes straight when I started C25k. (I ran 11 miles today )
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    freaking fantastic! Keep rolling!
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You are really inspiring me. I've wanted to try this and thanks to you I think I will. Thank you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!