What are your go to salads?

Options
124»

Replies

• GoNicoleee
    Options
    I really like starting with spring mix always - love spinach!

My favorite toppings are grilled chicken, baby shrimp, banana peppers, carrots, cucumbers, craisins, tomatoes, and mandarin oranges.

And my favorite dressing, which is usually available everywhere, light rapsberry balsamic (or something of that sort.) Saladworks has it, and it can be found in the grocery aisle. I buy Ken's!
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    For some reason I crave savory salads like veggies, cheese and Italian dressing during the colder months and when it starts getting warmer I like salads with fruit. My favorite is baby spinach, strawberries, crumbles feta and a few dried cranberries. I top with a tbsp of raspberry dressing and a tsp of balsamic vinegar.
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I love Light Ranch dressing with croutons and real bacon bits. I also will add a slice of turkey or some chicken in it.
  • kdlepage
    kdlepage Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Really easy salad: buy the f.resh salsa in the refridg. section . Add some cucumbers and baby spinach . Mix it and you have a couple of meals. Sometimes I also will add the perdue shortcuts chicken and also feta cheese. Really don't need a dressing since the salsa is so fresh and juicy :)
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    A lot of this: chopped romaine and sliced green apple. With a little of this: dried cranberries, chopped walnuts, crumbled bleu cheese and balsamic vinegar.
  • Bookbambi
    Bookbambi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Rice wine vinegar for salads has 0 calories. It is a little sweet. You can try the flavored ones at 20 calories. Still great on your salads.:love:
  • CWonder003
    CWonder003 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    1. Baby Spinach, almonds, feta or blue cheese crumbles, and ken's lite raspberry vinaigrette. To this salad will add either a) apples, b) fresh strawberries or c) dried cranberries or cherries.

2. Romaine and iceberg mix, grilled chicken (I like it spicy!), a little bit of mexican style shredded cheese, a sprinkle of tortilla strips for crunch, and kroger's lite southwest ranch dressing.

3. Spring mix, feta or blue cheese crumbles, lite balsamic vinaigrette, and sliced grilled steak.

4. Romaine, grilled chicken, shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese, tomatoes, shredded carrots, boiled egg, and apply cider vinegar/olive oil for dressing.
  • Raeambi
    Raeambi Posts: 13
    Options
    My usual salad is prebagged mix lettuce, spinach, bell pepper, sun dried tomatoes, sweetcorn, cheese and hummus.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Baby spinach with raspberry vinaigrette