30 Day Shred Down

Options
mnm424
mnm424 Posts: 259 Member
Hey everybody :) I just finished my 1st round of 30DS yesterday and a friend on here said I should post my results. I won't be posting any pics for a few reasons (if you REALLY want to know why, inbox me and I will explain)

So I started 30DS on 3/8/13...................Finished 4/6/13:
Weight- 209 lbs........................................Weight- 200.2
Right Calf- 15.75".....................................Right Calf- 15.5"
Right Thigh- 26".......................................Right Thigh- 25.75"
Hips- 48"...................................................Hips- 46.5"
Waist- 37".................................................Waist- 35.25"
Chest- 37.25"..........................................Chest- 36"
Right Bicep- 12.5"...................................Right Bicep- 13"

Not the results I was shooting for but I am happy with my "gains"...
I was having some issues with my knees so I was doing most of the moderated versions. My body did transform quite a bit; My muscles are way more defined.

I am currently thinking about doing 30DS another 30 days with heavier dumbbells and along with some other excercises. I only did the 30DS along with 30 mins of yoga this time because I wasn't sure how my knees were going to respond to it.

So there you are... lol

Comments, questions and anything else are welcome. Thanks for reading my post! :tongue:

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your hard work! It's paying off
  • mnm424
    Options
    Thank you!
  • phreekles
    phreekles Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Well done! You had better results with the 30 day shred than I did.....but then it did take me about a month and a half to complete it! I'm currently doing Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 and I actually much prefer it. One of the things I love about it is that the stretching at the end is more yoga inspired and it really relaxes my body and my muscles feel like they've had a really good stretch!
  • mnm424
    Options
    Thanks!!!
    I've been thinking about doing the ripped in 30 but I haven't been able to find it online or in stores.....
  • MissE4410
    MissE4410 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Good job! I think those are great results!
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • mnm424
    Options
    Thank you ladies you all are lovely :flowerforyou:
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job! Did you take and breaks at first or could you make it throught the whole video?
    03221961 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Please be very careful doing jillian's 30 day shred it is very dangerous i am nursing a sciatic injury due to this dvd. You be better of going for a long walk at doing light weights,
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Wow...those are awesome results!
  • mnm424
    Options
    Awesome Job! Did you take and breaks at first or could you make it throught the whole video?

Thank you :wink:

No I was able to go through the whole thing with no breaks... the 1st 2 days I was gasping for air lmao she tells you if you need to stop to get air you can but no longer than 5 seconds....
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Please be very careful doing jillian's 30 day shred it is very dangerous i am nursing a sciatic injury due to this dvd. You be better of going for a long walk at doing light weights,

Your the first person to call it dangerous...just like any workout program you need to be careful for no injuries...and if you listen the. How she even explains moves because it's the improper moves that can cause injuries.

Continue on, OP. :)
  • mnm424
    Options

well I'm sorry for your injury :frown: Hope you get better soon!
    I loved it... I loved every second of it. Like I said I did the moderated version because I have a bad knee. There was maybe 2 days were I was in pain, but I stretched really good and pushed through.... (keep in mind I have a severly high tolerance for pain I actually like pain, and on these days I didn't go as hard as I did the others)
  • mnm424
    Options

Your the first person to call it dangerous...just like any workout program you need to be careful for no injuries...and if you listen the. How she even explains moves because it's the improper moves that can cause injuries.

Continue on, OP. :)

yes I agree 110%... if you don't have the proper form throughout you will have injuries just like if you don't stretch correctly...

thank you ladies for all the positive feedback!!
  • Theresa8267
    Theresa8267 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can get it on Amazon pretty cheap.
  • amyg007
    amyg007 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!
    I've been thinking about doing the ripped in 30 but I haven't been able to find it online or in stores.....

I Found Ripped in 30 on amazon.ca for about 8 bucks! Try there. :)
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    That's great!! You lost more weight then I did on it! I only lost 5, but the inches and body changes are the real payoff!! I also upped my weights after the first round. Now I lift about 8 lbs on some of the moves, and 5 lbs on the others. (Instead of 3.)
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Nice work!! I bet you feel and look great. I have 3 days left of the Shred myself. :)
  • mnm424
    Options
    That's great!! You lost more weight then I did on it! I only lost 5, but the inches and body changes are the real payoff!! I also upped my weights after the first round. Now I lift about 8 lbs on some of the moves, and 5 lbs on the others. (Instead of 3.)

Yea this first time I did 3lbs... I'm going to 5lbs the second time.
  • overthehill1
    Options
    At least part of it is Youtube for free as well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!