First Thing You Changed

Options
What are the first few things you changed in your diet that had an effect on your weight loss?

Replies

• RxVirus
    RxVirus Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    no soda, limited sugar and ate more greens
  • JustMQ
    JustMQ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I began to weigh and measure all my food. It has made a huge difference!
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I cut out soda! It makes a huge difference. I used to drink 4-5 cans a day of soda. I tapered off without even noticing.. It just happens when you start trying to make a difference.

I also stopped eating a few hours before bed, generally 2-3 when I can help it. It definitely makes a difference.

I drink way more water now and just all around feel better. I still have my coffee every day and I love Arizona green tea.
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure all food.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    i increased my water intake.

i stopped having a second plate at dinner. i fit whatever i wanted or could on my plate the first time, without making mountains of food on top of each other, and ate all or some of it, but never had seconds.

replace chips and stuff with vegetables and fruits.

stopped drinking as much alcohol.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I limit myself to one portion of most foods, lettuces being the exception. It helped me to realize what a portion was. I ate more slowly and then after a wait if I was still hungry I'd have another portion. I find that doing it that way made it less likely that I'd overeat than when I used to just fill my plate full and it till it was gone.
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I began to weigh and measure all my food. It has made a huge difference!

Same, along with pre-planning meals.
  • bailbondbabs
    Options
    Sodas!!!!!!!!!! I cut those first!
  • iceman7840
    iceman7840 Posts: 110
    Options
    I eliminated soda and eating out. It changed my life.
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    logging everything i ate & still do (keeping my online diary w/mfp is A MUST!)

weighing and measuring food
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Portion control and eating at home. Measuring is a great tool.
  • tonyoconnor129
    tonyoconnor129 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I changed 3 things.
    A. Portion control. I measure EVERYTHING.
    2. Eating a LOT more veggies raw. Cabbage is awesome, crunchy, filling tasty.
    Last is not diet but it is very important. I MOVE a lot more. Parking further way from the door at work and the store.
    I pace at my workstation, up to 2 hours a day.
    I eat lunch on one of my 15 minute breaks, and walk during my half hour lunch break.
    16 pounds to go!
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I started going to the gym. Then I started going to the gym some more. Now it's a daily habit (minus rest days). This let me eat more =D
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure all food.
  • vickydubuis
    vickydubuis Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Definitely no more Dr. Pepper, sweet tea, and watching very closely what I get when I am at restaurants!
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    Portion control and soft drinks/juices.
  • grapegorilla13
    grapegorilla13 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    no sugar, no cream in coffee (during the week), no soda, and count everything
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    when i cut things out of my allowed intake (first gluten, then carbs) it ALL got out of my house. i cleaned it out of my pantry and fridge so there would be nothing to fall back to. now, i'm rarely tempted by "forbidden" foods. :)
  • meaningful99
    Options
    Avoiding restaurants. If I go out with my friends I eat first and just get drinks (that I have allocated calories for in advance). And I pack my lunch every day.
  • stongjos
    stongjos Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    started exercising!!