What weights to use on the 30 Day Shred?

Options
Hi everyone,
I just started the 30 Day Shred. Can anyone tell me what size weights I should be using? From the DVD it looks like they are using 2kg weights (maybe?).

Thanks

Replies

• notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    hi, I think I heard it's 6 or 8 pounds. * pounds is 3kg, is around 2.7 kg. I am doing 2.5 kg for her kickbox quickfix and the girls are using 8 pounds in them. It depends on your starting strength. I have one lighter set that has 1, 1.5 and 2.5 kg weights. I am going to start the shred with either 2.5 or 1.5 and see how I go.
  • bear_28
    bear_28 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    At first, I used 3 lb weights (at that time, it was already much, for me LOL). Then when I noticed it was getting easier, I switched to 5 lbs. I think it's better you start light, then progress. ^^,

In the DVD, I always thought they used the 3-5 lbs.
  • domdoan
    domdoan Posts: 30
    Options
    one month shreds dont work unless you a couple percent off being shredded.
    stick with heaviest weights.
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I use 5lbs, which is too light for some moves and some it is just right and a bit heavy.
  • KristyTonn
    KristyTonn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    At first, I used 3 lb weights (at that time, it was already much, for me LOL). Then when I noticed it was getting easier, I switched to 5 lbs. I think it's better you start light, then progress. ^^,

In the DVD, I always thought they used the 3-5 lbs.

Same here.
  • emcdermott85
    emcdermott85 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'll use the 2kg's to start with. :)
  • MissE4410
    MissE4410 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

I use 3 lbs for everything except the chest flys. Those you will need 5 lbs or more. I find 5 lbs to be barely enough for the chest flys, Anything lighter and it feels like you're not feeling the burn.

Good luck with the shred.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    5 lbs here. I have used 3 pound weights before and feel much more of a change with 5 lbs :smile:
  • jheads
    jheads Posts: 145 Member
    Options

I use 3 lbs for everything except the chest flys. Those you will need 5 lbs or more. I find 5 lbs to be barely enough for the chest flys, Anything lighter and it feels like you're not feeling the burn.

Good luck with the shred.

Same here.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I used five pounds.
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I used 5 pounds for 30DS and Ripped in 30.
  • WindyJenny
    WindyJenny Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm using 5 pounds, except 10 pounds for the Level 1 chest flys, and 8 pounds on the Level 3 squat/one-arm lift. I'm only 3 days into Level 3.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    one month shreds dont work unless you a couple percent off being shredded.
    stick with heaviest weights.

What? :sick:
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I started out with 2, 3 and now 5's.
  • newmrswood
    newmrswood Posts: 194
    Options
    I use 3lbs which is 1.35kg I think!!! GOOD LUCK, I'm doing day 2 today. Feel free to add me if you need support!
  • adriadawn19
    adriadawn19 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    When I did it I used 3 lb weights but it all depends on what you are used to. If you have been lifting than 5lbs are probably a good start if not 3lbs would be good. It is better to start lower and progress than to start heavier and hurt yourself.
  • julies90
    julies90 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I use 5 and 8....anything heavier is just too much.
  • belligerent599
    Options
    I use 12's and 20's.
  • Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    If you buy the kit with the mat, video, poster, and weights, it comes with 3 lb weights.