Protein Snack Ideas

Options
Just wondering what sort of protein snacks I can buy in for during the day?

I know there is trail mix, anything else?

Replies

• NatashaB8
    NatashaB8 Posts: 202
    Options
    bump
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I buy slices of thinly cooked ham, spoon in some soft cheese and roll them up. Very yummy :)
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Oh, and hard boiled eggs :) I sometimes also make a crustless quiche and throw lots of veggies and some cheese on top, then I slice in to 6 portions and have one portion as a snack.
  • NatashaB8
    Options
    Thanks! I really like the quiche idea too, will make me cook a bit more too!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Humous or cottage cheese with veg sticks. Nuts, 0 % fat Greek yogurt, apple and peanut butter.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I agree with hard boiled eggs. I recently found a bag of pumpkin seeds at the grocery store that have 18 grams of protein in 1/4 cup. They are a little high calorie but great protein!! And good for you!!
    Milk too!!
  • NatashaB8
    Options
    Humous or cottage cheese with veg sticks. Nuts, 0 % fat Greek yogurt, apple and peanut butter.

Thanks! I LOVE humous now so thats great haha.
  • NatashaB8
    Options
    I agree with hard boiled eggs. I recently found a bag of pumpkin seeds at the grocery store that have 18 grams of protein in 1/4 cup. They are a little high calorie but great protein!! And good for you!!
    Milk too!!

The pumpkin seeds would be great as I need to up my calories on workout days anyway. I will be taking a trip to the shops later :)
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I love whole natural almonds with no salt. I weigh out 1oz on my digital scale and munch away. Another favorite is greek yogurt. My favorite brands are Chobani and Oikos!
  • cjc1961
    cjc1961 Posts: 31
    Options
    Cheese sticks and piece of fruit
  • pcwendy
    pcwendy Posts: 1
    Options
    eggs, shrimp, lean meats, low fat yoghurt and cottage cheese
  • dzuli823
    dzuli823 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Roasted chickpeas. You can go sweet or savory.

http://www.busyinbrooklyn.com/tag/savory-roasted-chickpeas/
  • katherinelangley
    Options
    nuts/seeds, babybel cheese (or other snack size packets), greek/plain yoghurt, protein bars, quinoa, lean meats, soy, avocado, lentils!
  • domdoan
    domdoan Posts: 30
    Options
    protein shakes. 50-80 cents per serving. meal replacement on the go.

other than that, there are carb conscious protein bars.

food products: yves meatless hotdogs, soy baloney, or can of tuna
  • mich1902
    mich1902 Posts: 182
    Options
    I have am snack: 100g 0% greek yoghurt(fage). Mix in 100g chopped berries, 10g flaked almonds, 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein and a tablespoon of stevia. Yum.

Pm snack: 1 wholegrain rice cake with 15g organic peanut butter(no sugar).

Other: protein mug cake>scoop of protein, 1 egg white, dash baking powder, tbsp stevia. you can add nuts or coconut if you want. Blitz in the micro for 20-30 seconds. Top with peanut butter/greek yoghurt/high% cocoa grated.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs
    Greek yogurt
    Nuts
    The occasional protein bar

I also occasionally make homemade chicken nuggets and snack on them cold at my desk. Prawns are good too but perhaps not that ideal for the office!
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    quite a lot of high carb and high fat suggestions here. You're looking for protein though , right?
  • mich1902
    mich1902 Posts: 182
    Options
    quite a lot of high carb and high fat suggestions here. You're looking for protein though , right?

Good fats though. If it is purely a source of protein without any carb or fat then your talking plain chicken, canned tuna, white fish. Not something i would enjoy daily as a snack, especially if I have those kind of meats for dinner too. But that's just me.
  • girishmenezes
    girishmenezes Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    - All of the supermarkets tend to have ready to eat chicken in a number of flavours
    - low fat cottage cheese with a teaspoon of honey
    - tuna from a can, preferably heated with a tomato sauce base / spoon of ketchup
    - eggs any which way, one full and a few only egg whites
    - protein shake
    - turkey ham
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Soy yogurt! I like them better than the plain dairy ones because they're not as sour (at least I think the plain ones taste kinda sour haha).