Colds and Exercising

Options
I seem to get sick maybe once a month and what are people's opinion about working out while being sick. I don't know why I get sick so often but I do. I take vitamins and I'm trying to eat healthier and now I have incorporated working out into my schedule. I'm on my days off of working out so I'm hoping to feel better before I start working out on Sunday but if I don't how do I push through even though I have absolutely no energy.

Or any suggestions of how not to be sick so much.

Replies

• nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    If it's just a cold, I exercise. Might take it a bit easier and see how I feel mid-way through. No working out if I have a fever, or if it's down in my chest too much.
  • Icedrgn
    Icedrgn Posts: 17
    Options
    Have to agree with the previous post. Fever means stay home. A minor cold, make sure you use sanitizer of the equipment before and after you use it.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have the flu right now. I hate using excuses not to exercise. I have noticed that it makes me feel better, even though I get a bit dizzy afterwards, I feel like I recover from my flu/cold/whatever faster. Unless I am bedridden and throwing up, I get off my *kitten* and work out. If I do decide to skip one day, the next day I will catch up - work out twice as hard - so I don't miss anything.
  • Helene_R
    Helene_R Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Is it a cold? Or is it allergies? Seems like getting a cold once a month is a bit too often. I'm with the others on resting if there's a fever or if the cold is in the chest. I personally find that I have more energy and heal faster if I'm active. Try taking an antihistamine for your next "cold" to see if it may be an allergy. Both colds and allergies affect me the same way, just my colds don't go away with an antihistamine.