What saying or quote gave you that aha moment?

Options
Hi everyone, we all have that moment when we realize our mistakes. For me I realized what got me here when I heard the the quote, "If you're not hungry enough to eat an apple then you're not hungry"

How many times had I went to the pantry or fridge saying I was hungry and passing up healthy food because it didn't sound good. Clearly I was not hungry, a hungry person will eat a dang apple or a carrot stick. I was at that pantry to fill another need and it wasn't hunger. now if I go to the kitchen and chocolate sounds good enough to eat but a salad doesn't I get a glass of water instead because I'm obviously not truly hungry.

What saying, song, quote or friendly advice has helped you?

Replies

• cjam134
    cjam134 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    "You don't drown because you fell in the water, you drown because you didn't climb back out again."
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My great friend is a personal trainer and a marathon runner. She is so encouraging and wonderful. I take a strength training class from her once a week.

She asked me what I ate every day-I should "track" it. I said NO-I eat candy bars, tostidos, gold fish etc.

AHA moment was when she said... "If you are comfortable how you look, you don't need to change a thing"

Okay, i found mfp that week and learned about tracking my food, tdee, bmi, bmr, net goal etc. etc.
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    "You don't drown because you fell in the water, you drown because you didn't climb back out again."

this is a great one!
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    "The results of your bloodwork indicate that you are at an extremly high risk for hear disease" (AKA heart attack). Boy did that sober me up! No longer the case now:smile:
  • NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    "If you continue to do nothing about your weight, you'll be in line for a knee or hip replacement. Would you like to dance at your son's wedding?"
  • trishklein
    trishklein Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Alcohol has been a struggle for me for years, and now that I am over 50, the weight was really ganging up on me. My daughter gave me that aha moment a while back with regards to alcohols effect on the liver, metabolism, and since I am a hypoglycemic, its been actually dangerous for me. Ok, so being that I am over 50, I FORGOT all that she had told me and I had read. This morning was another aha moment when I suddenly REMEMBERED and again read the effects on my body. I have lost 8.5 lbs so far but most of that dropped off the first week, so dismal results since then. I am excited for the extra motivation! :smile: