Day one - goal to lose 150#

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Alecia. I'm 46 years old and I am a vegetarian (lacto-ovo, which means I do eat organic eggs & dairy, but no meat of any kind). I do most of my own cooking from scratch and realize that my biggest problem is portion control. This is my first time on any type of weight-loss program or website and I'm excited - it seems pretty easy to log your food. So far I found the items I had for breakfast quickly, and I downloaded the app for my phone. Three years to reach my goal at two pounds a week seems like a long time... but I have taken the first step, so wish me luck!

Replies

• Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! As you get into the community here, you'll see that others have achieved the goal you've set for yourself. If they can do it, so can you!
  • pinkgrandmaof8
    pinkgrandmaof8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You can do it with MFP! If you work the program the program works!
    Welcome and best wishes for success.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    It probably won't take you that long. The weight will pretty much melt off for the first few months. You will have lots of weeks of more than two pound losses. That time is going to pass whether or not you are trying to lose weight - so you may as well save your own life in the process.

One day at a time.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    two pounds a week can be a pretty intense swap. If you are into big portions and eating a lot, I recommend switching to 1 pound a week at least a first until you adjust. You might also find that 2 pounds a week really makes you cranky and tired, and if that is the case, 1 pound per weeks is just fine. In fact, it is the recommended amount.
  • newwoman99
    newwoman99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I did it once before, 110lbs. Took a little over a year and kept it off for a few, before meeting my better half. Now we are doing a weight loss plan together and using MFP. I love this app and he is really getting into it also. If you stay true and honest you will find the pounds melting off. I am down 25 lbs since Jan 1 and started using this app about 4 weeks ago. Good luck to you!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    This is my goal. One year later I've lost almost half of it. I could lose faster, but I enjoy my liquor and pizza too much. The way I'm doing it is the best way for me to sustain a long term losing rate. This is the most important thing, finding something you can stick with for the long haul.
  • aprilhopps
    Options
    You can do it! Just measure everything u put in your mouth... it has been working for me....Hang in there....everyone is different. Some weeks u may lose more than others. Watch the salt intake... that makes u retain water... adding more weight... Good luck... Will send u a friend request...