Idea's needed ... urgently!!

Options
2»

Replies

• suziq2708
    suziq2708 Posts: 14
    Options
    Eat a normal healthy meal and don't stress about it if you go over ... it's only one day?
    this...
    its 1 day...

ha ha, if only that were true :sad:
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Eat a normal healthy meal and don't stress about it if you go over ... it's only one day?

This! Bravo for common sense on MFP! :flowerforyou:
  • suziq2708
    suziq2708 Posts: 14
    Options
    2 egg omlette with loads of veggies in it :-) dry fry in a teflon and you get loads for 200 cals

Good idea except my omelette's always turn into some form of scrambled eggs :bigsmile:
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Work out instead of posting on MFP... in the time it took you to post this, then res pond you could have worked off 100 or so calories. Just sayin'.
  • inky409
    inky409 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    it's what you do 80% of the time that count's not the 20%. you splurged. so what? if you enjoyed it, that's what matters. eat a healthy dinner, try and get some exercise and let it go. there are going to be times when we're not so-called "perfect", that's what life is. a little splurge once and a while is ok. please don't beat yourself up - it's not worth it. now take a breath; smile; and forget about it. :-)
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Check this facebook page out:

https://www.facebook.com/TheSassyGourmet

Many dishes have the calories listed and some have pictorial recipe albums.
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Burn some calories!!! Just do it!!!
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of 200 cal recipes that I sometimes use for dinner.

An omelette with veggies and a little cheese

Veggie stir-fry (or add in a little chicken or some thinly sliced steak -- usually still under or right around 200 cal)

4oz chicken breast sauteed with lemon juice and texas pete (both of which have basically no calories) 100-200 cal (200 if you sautee in olive oil, which I do) -- add a side of steamed veggies or a salad to fill it out

Parmesan chicken - coat a thawed chicken breast lightly in greek yogurt and shredded parmesan, then bake

honey-lemon chicken - mix together 1-2 tbls honey and 1-2 tbls lemon juice, add whatever spices you want (I use basil and rosemary). Sautee a chicken breast and add the honey-lemon coating when chicken is almost done (be careful and don't let the coating burn)

Or you could make a wrap. I have two recipes for wrap fillings that are both under 200 cal.
  • synthomarsh
    synthomarsh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    tuna steak for the win
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    this...
    its 1 day...

ha ha, if only that were true :sad:

extremists are always the ones that will fail.

moderation is the key

3500 calories of excess to gain a pound of fat. which i doubt that will happen

you are not going to die
  • alwayskungfu
    Options
    Don't miss the big picture, this is about lifestyle, its not a diet they always fail! think long term and you will see that the odd bump on the journey is no big deal, don't be negative, laugh at words like piggy even when you say them. Carry on pip pip :glasses: