Belly fat wont go away??

Options
I am 21, 5'2" and just lost my college weight and am back to 110lbs. I am thin almost everywhere accept for my belly. When I am not sucking it in, I look like I am 8 months pregnant. I have had it since I can remember but it hasnt gotten much smaller since my weight loss. I know genetics is the first thing everyone thinks of, but I am below my types weight and still have this huge belly. I dont think dieting more is the key. Ideas?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Weight training. Build up some muscle to hold your belly in and burn off some body fat.
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    keep going, the belly area is hard for everybody it seems and the last place your body gets rid of fat from. since you have lost your weight you put on, keep going in that direction since its working and you will eventually see results. Also strength training will help you.
  • msagrero08
    msagrero08 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have the same problems, most of my fattness is in my belly... although I'm not near my weight goal I know I will be having this problem aswell, since even when I was at my thinnest i had a belly. This time I'm doing tons of abnominal excersises. Hope to see results. Have you tried all tyoes of abdominal exercises. I hear planks are great, and hard to do...
    Good luck!
  • peejay34mason
    peejay34mason Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Gonna have to agree, belly fat is tough, but strength training - focusing on your core will help tremendously!
  • Jayne19099
    Jayne19099 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I read an article on the layers of the abdominal muscles. Try doing planks, it will strengthen the inner layer of muscle which holds your stomach in. Best of luck :)