DDP Yoga

Options
mmessamo
mmessamo Posts: 23 Member
has anyone tried it? i am really interested, it seems effective but it is also kinda expensive.

Replies

• LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    What does DDP stand for?

I like yoga... I just don't know what type that is.
  • mmessamo
    mmessamo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    it stands for Diamond Dallas Page the guy who started the program. Its supposed to cause rapid weight loss. One guy was able to loose 100lbs in 10 months
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Ah.... in that case...

I love yoga for what it's done for my strength, stamina, and flexibility. It does help me burn a modest amount of calories. It has not helped me lose weight in and of itself.

And... well I suspect DDP yoga really isn't going to help you lose weight either unless it's coupled with a diet of some sort. And it's ability to help you lose weight (if it does help) is most likely dependent on how many calories it burns.

I don't know... is that helpful? I guess what I'm saying is ... the benefits of exercise are usually 'other'. Weight loss (if it comes) is a secondary perk.
  • discern82
    discern82 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it but I really want to! I think I might splurge. Strengthening my joints is very important to me.
  • CoachBoze
    CoachBoze Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ddpyoga used to be called YRG, Yoga for Regular Guys. The dramatic results are from both diet and exercise....just like anything else. You HAVE TO DO THE WORK you will see results. This is not typical yoga. It's modified poses with slow burn calisthenics and dynamic resistance. We wear a heart rate monitor and keep in the fat burning zone. I have started this program and I can tell you YES it's aerobic. By the way if you do one workout a day, it costs about 30 cents a day. And no I don't represent DDPYoga, I'm just a customer. :)
  • hard2diet
    Options
    I am currently doing DDP yoga and i love it!! my husband lost 49lbs on it so far its a 20 min work out you can fit in your day, and i get more work out in them 20 min than i do in 3 hours at the gym!
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    am currently doing ddp yoga!!! i love it. i love yoga and after trying ddp yoga i do believe its my favorite :D
    EDITED TO ADD: i do believe it is what helped break my plateau i had been on for at least 6 months :)
  • homemomfreda
    Options
    I posted a quote to my Pinterest which sums up a lot - "It doesn't matter how hard you work in the gym if you don't control what you put on your plate." Weights vs. Plates. You will reap cardio benefits but you won't lose weight without watching your caloric intake.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    it stands for Diamond Dallas Page the guy who started the program. Its supposed to cause rapid weight loss. One guy was able to loose 100lbs in 10 months

No, the program doesn't promote rapid weight loss....that is NOT the point of the program. The guy who lost 100 pounds ate correctly as well. You CANNOT lose 100lbs just by doing the program.

I LOVE the program and it's awesome.....but like any other workout program on DVD, if you don't eat properly, what's the point?
  • siankearney
    siankearney Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Does your husband doing anything else or just DDP? I'm trying to figure out if it's enough for weight loss (if combined with diet) When I say "enough" I mean, do I still need to do cardio & weights or will it burn enough calories to be my only workout? Any thoughts?
  • James_LR
    James_LR Posts: 2
    Options
    I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd input that I've been doing DDP Yoga for a month or so now and it definitely helped me break a stalemate with my weight. Managed to get below 12st which I hadn't for a long time. It's not regular yoga, it incorporates what DDP himself calls 'Dynamic Resistance' which is engaging every muscle in your body as you move from each position and holding it there. It's an insane cardio workout for simply staying in one spot. I couple this with long distance running and it's perfect. I do watch what I eat but I also scoff choccies and sugary cereals with the best of them. Only downside, it's expensive. I downloaded all of the workouts. I'll pay you back on day DDP!!
  • johnterris
    Options
    I just started DDP Yoga too and I will concur, it's one hell of a workout. When I'm done just doing the Diamond Dozen, I'm drenched!
  • marcobisceglia
    marcobisceglia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just did the DDP fat burner, all i can say is i feel great. I worked up a good sweat. As long as you try your best to eat right as well, it can only be a good thing.
  • mobiustaylor
    Options
    It is a GREAT system. My flexibility and strength is 2-3 times what it was in January 2013. I was so sceptical at first but I looked at the price tag and figured I spent that kinda money at the bar once or twice, why not spend it on something healthy. I am SO very glad I did. My wife even does it every other morning. Say what you will, but I see it working on me and my family and I see it working others out there too.