Finally!

Options
I'm a teacher and in the past (since purchasing my fitbit a while back) I would go for a walk during my plan time to try and fit more steps into my day. Around Labor Day I hurt my knee and my daily walks came to a screeching halt. After numerous dr appts, chiro adjustments, etc right before Christmas my dr finally did an MRI and discovered I had two tears in my medial meniscus...with one tear folded back under itself. A trip to the ortho resulted in surgery for the tears, along with some other procedure (poking holes in cartilage to stimulate/promote blood flow) in January. Although I only missed a week of working out with my trainer, today I finally went for a 15 minute walk, making it half a mile. Not normally something I'd celebrate, but it's been a long time coming! I'm grateful for my trainer adapting workouts to allow for the 12 week recovery time from surgery, but I've really missed being able to go for a walk each day! I'm sure there will be an ice machine session this evening, but I'm good with that!

Replies

• cpk44
    cpk44 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! !That's awesome!!