When She Cries...

Options
BigDnSW
BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
Sometimes in life reality comes around out of the blue and hits you like a Mack truck. Well, that's exactly what happened to me literally in August 2001. And that accident began a whole new chapter in my life. The second reality came in August of 2007 and thus began the next chapter.

Reality came again today while sitting at my desk working listening to one of my favorite playlists. Yeah, just minding my own business and wham! A song comes on that brings me to my knees with tears of gratitude and thankfulness. It's been a long haul of rehabs, meds, PTs, more rehab, more meds, surgeries, etc. And all the time...yes, ALL the time standing by my side was and is my wife, Suz. She never gave up on me even when I did. Even when I quit, she never quit. She also never yelled at me. She just smiled and prayed. But at times...I could hear her crying softly at night and that broke my heart.

You see, people think I've had a couple of bad breaks. Not so. In fact, these past years have been a gift of incredible love, learning the real meaning of strength, and becoming the man that she deserves. I truly believe the real struggle is for the one(s) who have to watch the one in recovery. She has told me often how she wishes she could just wave a magic wand and "it" all go away. She tells me how helpless she feels and at times useless.

How far from the truth! Her love and dedication and prayers and love and backrubs and learning massage therapy and PT just to keep me going are...well..I am at a loss for words. There is no way I can ever repay her. So, here's to you Suzi Q! Here's to the other side of the road we have travelled on and light at the end of a long tunnel. Here's to your tears of pain and may they now be tears of joy. I love you now more than ever. Forever!

When She Cries - Restless Heart

The road I have travelled on
Is paved with good intentions
It's littered with broken dreams
That never quite came true
When all of my hopes were dying
Her love kept me trying
She does her best to hide
The pain that she's been through

When she cries at night
And she doesn't think that I can hear her
She tries to hide all the fears she feels inside
So I pray this time
I can be the man that she deserves
'Cause I die a little each time
When she cries

She's always been there for me
Whenever I've fallen
When nobody else believes
She'll be there by my side
I don't know how she takes it
Just once I like to make it
Then there'll be tears of joy
That fill her loving eyes

When she cries at night
And she doesn't think that I can hear her
She tries to hide all the fears she feels inside
So I pray this time
I can be the man that she deserves
'Cause I die a little each time
When she cries...

Replies

• Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Don't set me off (sniff sniff) :flowerforyou: The flowers are for Suzi.
  • Agirard25
    Agirard25 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    that is beautiful!
  • mfrkorey
    mfrkorey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Awww...Hope your Suzi Q gets to read all this! How wonderful to have found that kind of love and dedication.:heart::heart:

Also, I have not heard that so in so long...found myself singing along.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    That is a beautiful testimonial to your wonderful wife! Definitely brought tears to my eyes....
  • BigDnSW
    Options
    You may see my beautiful wife on my profile. And now, she even has loved me through losing this weight I gained from the past. Thanks so much...I will pass all this on to her for encouragement!
  • JenevaMarie
    JenevaMarie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Awe how sweet! Your wife is a wonderful lady :) God bless her!
  • BigDnSW
    Options
    Awww...Hope your Suzi Q gets to read all this! How wonderful to have found that kind of love and dedication.:heart::heart:

Also, I have not heard that so in so long...found myself singing along.

Same here as I have not heard it in awhile either...funny thing is, I used to play music in clubs a lot and I covered that song...little did I know :wink:
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Great song. But not as great as your wonderful testament to love and marriage!!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you and Suzi have good thing going there bro.

My hatt's off to you.

:flowerforyou:
  • talobdell
    Options
    Awww ... What a beautiful post ...hard to tell who is luckier! :smile:
  • krystynnaa
    krystynnaa Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Beautiful :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • jdk124
    jdk124 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome song!! love Restless Heart.
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    <3 Beautiful. :flowerforyou: Give her my greetings and tell her she is amazing...:heart::heart: :heart:
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Dave, did you post this just to make the ladies crazy? I know your ulterior motives... :laugh:

You & Suz deserve each other, clearly! As I've told you many times before, you're the best! :smooched:
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Not much gets tears in my eyes but your post did. This was beautiful and heartfelt! She sounds like an amazing woman.
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    awe man, pass the tissues!!!! Sniffles sniffles!
  • mychellelynne
    mychellelynne Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! She sounds like a great lady.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!