30 Day Shred By Jillian Michaels

Options
Who else has tried the 30 Day Shred? I am only on day 3 and feel like I have been ran over by a semi. I had to take a couple breaks the past 2 days but I'm willing to push through it and do the workout. If anyone else has done this please tell me your story of how you got through it and if it gets easier. Also, if anyone would like to add me, feel free!!! :)

Replies

• Chadandbradsmummy
    Chadandbradsmummy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I did it in February and was intending to do it through April too (but haven't started yet). I loved it and usually hare anything like that. It is hard but it does get easier....or rather you get fitter and more able to do stuff! Stick with it!
  • The_Transforming_Journey
    Options
    Hi there! For me, once I got past Day 3 the workout seemed like it wasn't quite as hard... although I did have to take breaks as well! Jillian is a butt kicker! :laugh: I still haven't made it to levels 2 & 3 as I decided to stick with level 1 until I can do all of the moves.
  • CarlottaGorda
    Options
    *CONGRATS* on your 48 lb weight loss! I've been struggling with my weight, so I challenged myself to JM's 30-day shred but made the personal choice of rotating the work outs (Level 1, Level 2, Level 3 then back to 1, 2, 3 etc.). Some days are better than others; some days I pick up a heavier weight; some days I manage to really "kick myself in the butt" whereas other days I do good to whimper thru - the point is to keep on going and do your best! I'm on Day 17 and hanging in there. Last Friday was a holiday for me so I upped the ante and did all 3 levels, back to back. (Ugh.) I'm really learning to hate jumping jacks. :yawn: Anyhow, I do find it helpful to focus on the fact that (warm up and cool-down aside) it is only 20 mins. I do my best to put my mind in neutral and focus on getting thru the 3 intervals. Hang in there, you can do it! (I also personally find Level 2 harder than Level 3, but I have bad knees and that could be part of the reason.) Did you know there is a group topic for the 30-Day Shred.
  • Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I did it and YES it does get better. It never gets easy, and even when it get better it was still hard. The aching will get better. Just do the best you can. If you know you're working as hard as you can, that's good enough. Don't worry if you can't do what those fit women in the video are doing.
  • britgetsfit1
    britgetsfit1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I found out my sister has the Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 dvd. So, I think I will try it today! I'm really nervous. Has anyone done both? I don't know what the difference between the two is.
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I will be on day 4 today! It's tough but stick with it :) I've seen some awesome results from other people!
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Today would be my fourth day on lvl 2 but I might have to skip it until tomorrow, unless I can squeeze it in later today because i'm going to be gone all day >.<
  • Trishab415
    Trishab415 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 Day Shred straight through. I actually added 5 days onto the Level 3. I measured myself at day 9 and at the end of the 35 days. I had lost 6 inches! I was shocked. So I started the Ripped in 30. I am on Day 17 and starting week 3 today. It is hard and I have been sore since February (haha) but it reminds me that I am working. I have seen results all over but especially in my stomach. Overall, I feel much stronger. I went from doing push ups on my knees to being able to do military style push ups. I like Ripped in 30 because I haven't gotten bored with it. I chose to do 8 weeks on Weeks 1 and 2. I am somewhat intimidated about week 3. I previewed last night and thought Yikes! Good luck!!
  • Trishab415
    Trishab415 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 Day Shred straight through. I actually added 5 days onto the Level 3. I measured myself at day 9 and at the end of the 35 days. I had lost 6 inches! I was shocked. So I started the Ripped in 30. I am on Day 17 and starting week 3 today. It is hard and I have been sore since February (haha) but it reminds me that I am working. I have seen results all over but especially in my stomach. Overall, I feel much stronger. I went from doing push ups on my knees to being able to do military style push ups. I like Ripped in 30 because I haven't gotten bored with it. I chose to do 8 weeks on Weeks 1 and 2. I am somewhat intimidated about week 3. I previewed last night and thought Yikes! Good luck!!

Oops I meant eight DAYS! That would be a very long time on Weeks 1 and 2!
  • jollygrover
    jollygrover Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey Girl, I just started the 20 day shred too.. I am on my day 3 too... I guess it felt tougher at the beginning.. but I will be able to get through it.. and am sure you will too... its just that your body will get used to working that hard... always remember no matter what don't stop till you really cant do further... it will be a challenge for 1-2 weeks...but after that m sure you will get a hang of working so hard.... ::::))))) good luck.. keep posting your updates.... :):smile:

Who else has tried the 30 Day Shred? I am only on day 3 and feel like I have been ran over by a semi. I had to take a couple breaks the past 2 days but I'm willing to push through it and do the workout. If anyone else has done this please tell me your story of how you got through it and if it gets easier. Also, if anyone would like to add me, feel free!!! :)
  • DiscoveringOptions
    DiscoveringOptions Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, How do you motivate yourself to stick with it? Did you do it in the mornings or evenings? I've tried it but after day 3 I just stop! I love how I feel after but just can't seem to stick with it long enough!
  • mrsrivers2013
    mrsrivers2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Today is day 11 for me! I just started level 2 and it's more intense than level 1.. I was definitely sweating way more! Its worth it!! I love Jillian Michaels! I usually do it in the morning after I take the pup for her long morning walk! I feel like those 20 minutes go by really fast and the next thing you know you're sweating! I will try Ripped in 30 next!
  • gracetoo
    gracetoo Posts: 29
    Options
    I just finished Day 2, I hurt this morning, but I am going to do this!
    I just keep thinking that summer is soon and bathing suits, tank tops and sun dresses... all of the things I've never worn, I want to wear! That is my motivation.

Feel free to add me, we will all need someone to kick our butts when the commitment begins to waver!
  • khayashi80
    khayashi80 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was not in the least bit fit when I started JM 30 day shred. The first 5 days were rough, I felt so sore and whimpered whenever I moved my arms or legs. However, I stuck with it and pushed through the pain. I have now finished day 28 and have been doing level 3. I've even moved my weights from a 3lb to 5lb set. Believe me, it gets better, you will see results, and you will find your muscles build quickly. It's ok to curse her out while you are feeling the pain, that's what I do to get past it. I've lost inches on my hips and waist and even though I have a lot of flab (from weight loss), I am developing core muscles (WOW!) and my biceps have increased by 1 inch. You will notice your muscles will get stronger. It will always be tough, but you will not be as sore.

I find it is better to get it done first thing in the morning when you get up, that way it's over and done and you aren't dreading it or too tired from the day. Also, I find that the distractions in my house are fewer. Just find what works for you.

After I finish day 30, I will move on to ripped in 30. Scared but excited. Way to keep with it, you can do it! And you will get results.
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    day 1 : gave up half way through.
    day 2: gave up half way through but finished it later
    day 3: pushed through it all and nearly died
    day 4: hey, suddenly it's not quite so bad.
    day 5-6-7 : I can actually do this thing!
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am on week2 leve 1 of the 30 day shred. finished day 6 this morning
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Finished it and lost about 4 inches overall!!! Now doing Ripped in 30! Gotta love Jillian. Hang in there you will love the results in the end!
  • khemory
    khemory Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Me and a friend are starting tonight...If anyone else would like to add me, we can all feel like we are dying together :) I tried it several months ago so at least I know what to expect and have mentally prepared myself for it this time.
  • VISCIENTIST
    Options
    I started it in February. I do it three days a week but still 10 days for each level. I do other workouts as well. I am finishing up this week. Check out my profile pic and you can see the results. I do level 1 on my off days because it seems so easy. I am moving on to 6 week 6 pack next. Hang in there it is so worth the pain.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    On day 6 level 1, second go around. Today was much better than the first few times, like you last week I was feeling the pain. I can still feel my abs today, but today, I made it through and it seemed a bit easier. I hate the first strength routine, my shoulders and upper arms must be really weak!

I did JM workouts for a while last year, about 5 months and then got sick, but I remember days when I was into it that I just pounded through those workouts without any pain or issues, so I'm hoping to get back there. I have the yoga meltdown and the ripped in 30 too, just to mix things up, but for right now I'm just sticking with the shred. I love that it's only 20 minutes and keep repeating that the whole time.

I lost 2 pants sizes last time I was working out with Jill, so it's worth it. It's only 20 minutes, it's only 20 minutes...