Replies

• m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Drink more coffee.
  • Jene41
    Jene41 Posts: 11
    Options
    If you like lemon, try adding a small amount of lemon juice to your water. That might also help out with controlling hunger. If you like veggies, snack on some baby carrots or some other veggie that has a crunch consistency to it.
  • Jene41
    Jene41 Posts: 11
    Options
    Where can you find the Shirataka noodles? Regular supermarket or do you have to go to a Natural Foods Store? Pasta is one of my favorite things so if I can find a better substitute that is better for me, I'm all for it!!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Counting calories also makes us more aware of food and when/how much we eat...it's putting a TON of focus on food so...it makes it much more difficult to not think about food if you're constantly logging.

Just the nature of the beast.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Today I made a pretty satisfying snack. I used a medium red delicious apple that I cored, two tablespoons of PB2, and 1/3 cup of Kind Granola Cinnamon with Flax Seed.
  • Mjlefty35
    Mjlefty35 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem the last time I lost weight. I couldn't stop thinking about food and always seemed to be hungry! Do you like vegetables? I would try maybe some carrots, broccoli?
  • millibilly
    Options
    I agree! Recently at night though I've got to urge to snack I stop myself!
  • sammirust
    sammirust Posts: 83
    Options
    keep raw veggies in the house and allow yourself about 300 extra calories at the end of the night. if you are still hungry go grab some raw veggies- like cauliflower, or broccoli- or whatever you like, and have your midnight snack. i keep dried cranberries in the house in the case that i NEED a little extra. those and a cup of tea im set. : ) good luck~
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Plain dry popcorn. Munch munch munch

LOL! You should see this one in action here, I cram it in by the handful. It is good for the munchies.
  • Drink more water and def. make sure your meals have a nice combination of carbs, proteins and good fats <--- will make you stay full longer :) -- best to you
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    some food is much more filling than other food. look at peanut butter. i could probably eat 2000 calories worth of peanut butter in a sitting and still not feel satiated. you need to find a couple foods you are eating that aren't filling you up and find something with similar nutrient levels that are more filling.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Include more high-fiber low calorie foods with your meals, raw and steamed vegetables and vegetable soups are especially helpful.

For snacks things like dry popcorn and raw veggie sticks will fill you up without adding a lot of calories.

Also including more fat and protein sources with meals can help you to feel more satisfied especially if they are packed with fiber. Nuts, avocados, beans and lentils, etc.
  • EowyntheFair88
    Options
    I highly recommend reading the South Beach diet book, simply for the healthy eating principles in the book.

Consuming a lot of caffeine can increase your hunger pangs, as well as consuming a lot of bread or sugary products, especially in the morning. Save the bread for lunch or dinner. And avoid sugary sodas and juices! It's much better to go over on your protein intake during the day than it is to go over sugar intake. Also, fiber, acidity (think, sour cream or coffee), and healthy fats slow the absorption of carbs/sugars.

You want most of your snacks to be protein-y and not full of bread. Keeps you full longer.

Some healthy snacks I enjoy:

Mozzerella Stick (String Cheese)
    Low-fat yogurt. Good for digestion. Can also add fruit. I like pomegranate in mine.
    Popcorn (light on butter), or kettlecorn if you have a sweet tooth somtimes.
    Veggies in dip. I like baby carrots, snap peas, celery, and broccoli.
    Celery and peanut butter.
    Peanut butter by itself! (Careful of fat intake though...)
    Almonds (lower in fat and calories than other nuts)
    Pistachios (not shelled)
    Strawberries are good.
    I make a ricotta mousse with ricotta, a sugar substitute, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. Very similar to ice cream!
    Also with ricotta, chop up a tomato, add ricotta and a little olive oil and seasonings on top, and microwave.
    Apples (watch the sugar)
    Crab Stix (like a cheese stick, but artificial crab)

Hope this helps!
  • EowyntheFair88
    Options
    make sure your drinking plenty of water as feeling hungry could be your body telling you your thirsty. I find that drinking a cup of tea when I'm hungry is a good tip and low calorie soups are also a good snack too if you need quick filler :)

I've also heard that warm food and drinks make you feel full. Eating slowly helps too.
  • EowyntheFair88
    Options
    Green tea also does help, I think. I like Arizona diet green tea, no sugar!

Also, as someone has said, it's ok to indulge once in a while. A wrestler friend and health nut told me it's healthy to eat one over-calorie meal a week. :)
  • nicoleknapp754
    Options
    try adding more fiber to your meals ...either by adding flax seed or other high fiber foods or add a fiber supplement to your meal like PGX or Bioslife slim before your two main meals . This will help you feel fuller and help control blood sugar and insulin level. Not getting too hungry to begin with helps..are you eating every 4-5 hours?