Low calorie snacks that fill you up?

Options

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    thanks for asking, it gave me some additional ideas for low cal snacks, though I did have to go cut up some celery and break out the peanut butter...
  • wobelybits
    wobelybits Posts: 1
    Options
    no wonder I went 190 over cals I had four apple's no one told me they were a no no
  • sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    popcorn rice cakes (they can be higher in sodium but taste good)
  • AlexMarie88
    Options
    Vita muffin tops - 100 cal
    Fruit! - plums peaches strawberries blueberries - under 100 cal
    Healthy pop from jolly time - 100 cal for 5 cups of popcorn
    light and fit 50 cal yogurt with a 1/4 a cup of kashi go lean high fiber cereal - under 100 cal
    Celery with light cream cheese - under 100 cal
    a salad with light balsamic vinigrette - under 100 cal
    vita sandwich egg and cheese - 150 cal
    kashi oatmeal - 150 cal

:smile:
    Hope this helps!
  • AndyParkes
    Options
    Hartleys sugar free Jelly (jello for you US guys?) is 3 calories so I use that as a snack :-)
  • leannemcc
    Options
    Alpen Light bars are a godsend for me, and still lets me have my chocolate intake! it's only 62 calories for the double chocolate ones! x
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    banana with a little peanut butter on it or celery with laughing cow cheese wedge on it. my favorites!
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Bacon.
  • jem728
    Options
    tablespoon of PB on a half of a toasted whole wheat english muffin, drizzle a little honey. Yummy!!!
  • NaCheezIt
    NaCheezIt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is your idea of a snack, but when I really just feel like I want to eat tons of food, I make oatmeal!
    You can do a half cup of oats (150 cal) with 2 cups of water, some cinnamon, vanilla, and sweetener. I bet ya won't be hungry after that! :]
  • lozzjd
    lozzjd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I thought when it came to apples yes they have calories but your body burns those off when its breaking it down. Does that make sense? Am I misinformed? Eek.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    tuna with hard boiled eggs
  • gemmaleigh1989
    gemmaleigh1989 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and celery is my favourite! (gotta watch portion control with the PB but it is sooo filling anyway)
    And Yoghurt is another favourite of mine!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, celery or cucumber with salsa, almonds with a piece of fruit.

Make sure you aren't going too low calorie, especially since you're trying to lose weight quickly.
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Just bumping this for future reference when I need more snack ideas.
  • DarrenFlyGuy
    Options
    Some raw veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, celery and carrot with a tbsp of low cal blue cheese or ranch dressing
    Big dill pickle quartered
    Berries mixed with sliced banana
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    This might have already been mentioned, but I find snacks that include a carb and a protein tend to be more filling. If I just have an apple without a protein, then I tend to get hungry an hour later. My afternoon snack usually consists of either an apple or pear with some cottage cheese, or a piece of cheese or 15 grams of almond butter. Or carrot or celery sticks with 2 tablespoons of hummus. Sometimes if I'm really hungry I'll have crackers with the hummus instead of the veggies. I try to keep my afternoon snack around 150 calories, depending on when I plan on going to the gym.
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Celery
    Carrots
    Strawberries
    Cantaloupe
  • ccarlst
    ccarlst Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    fried eggs, diet coke (i know, i know. trying to cut it out of my diet), cottage cheese, one piece of toast with a thin layer of peanut butter and like 5 chocolate chips on it (feels like dessert!), a small bowl of veggies with a sprinkle of feta cheese
  • Drevious
    Drevious Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Air-popped pop corn