When You're Out of Calories and it's only 5pm...

Options
1235»

Replies

• rayboatwright1
    rayboatwright1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thats the fix for me. Water and celery. It's pretty satisfying if I am hungry and just need something. Plus, I have read that it takes more calories to digest celery than it provides. Not sure if that is true, but it sounds good.
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    when you are out of calories and it's only 5pm... you have a decision to make.

Suck it up and achieve your goals, sure you may go to bed hungry one night but it's a good lesson in self control.

Or cave in and realize why you are still trying to figure out how to lose weight.

Or my favorite option- go do a workout and earn a few calories back. You'll feel better only eating what you earn, and you'll be more likely to eat a better snack/meal than you would have if you just caved in.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Thats the fix for me. Water and celery. It's pretty satisfying if I am hungry and just need something. Plus, I have read that it takes more calories to digest celery than it provides. Not sure if that is true, but it sounds good.

It is true, but the energy expended to digest food is already considered when your calorie goal is calculated.
  • yesmikan
    yesmikan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    nuts and dried fruit are a relatively small calorie hit about 100-200 and are very filling and add Protein and Carbs plus essential fats.
    At 820 calories per cup, you and I must have differing opinions about what a filling portion of almonds looks like.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    don't eat breakfast.
  • error_number_404
    Options
    if there's sweets around, i just dont have any lol. but i guess it's easy for me because im scared of that stuff. i kill sugar cravings with oatmeal or fruit. i usually have 100 or more cals left over at the end of the day that i never use. it also helps to just not buy junk and sweets and u wont have to worry about it.
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Workout, take a walk or eat less the next day. Or do what my hubby does and go by your weekly totals and not daily.
  • Maribabewhich
    Maribabewhich Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I make a big pan of "sauted' (with sprayed olive oil) vegetables and mushrooms -- hardly any calories -- and add whatever amount of protein that I have calorie-allowance room for.

Great idea!!!
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Log it anyway. At worst, it might help you make different decisions in future.

^Agreed. I log the whole ugly mess.
    1) I think my logging it minimizes the damage. I have to admit here that I don't always do a public close.
    2) When/If I wonder why this isn't working, it's easy to see, on the MFP reports, how often I go over, and how much.
    3) When I log it, I own it. - It didn't happen "to me." I didn't "slip." I made a deliberate decision to eat.