Lifting Heavy Weights Makes Women Bulky!

Options

Replies

• LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I've been actively trying to get "bulky" for the last three years so I always have to lift a people's eyebrow at women who think lifting more than a 3-lb dumbbell is going to accidentally give them arms bigger than mine.

I hear ya. My goal is to one day look like Christmas Abbott :love:
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Awesome job :drinker:
  • girlsjustwanna
    Options
    I agree entirely! I have been lifting heavy (80kg deadlift) for six months and i love the power and strength is gives me. My muscles have toned nicely and I have gained 3 kg but looking better! Girlpower - literally!
  • LeenaRuns
    Options
    I agree entirely! I have been lifting heavy (80kg deadlift) for six months and i love the power and strength is gives me. My muscles have toned nicely and I have gained 3 kg but looking better! Girlpower - literally!

I love every pound that I've gained lifting!
  • littlebeardedlifter
    littlebeardedlifter Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    So proud of you. Awesome job my friend
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You look way healthier, and I'm sure you feel better too! You're a fit chick instead of just a thin chick! I love it! WTG!
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    DUDE! Look at those results! And only heavy lifting since February!! You're doing awesome!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    A big congratulations on your results!

And to other women reading, notice her girls seem happier too. Didn't want to say perky cause that sounded creepy to say. But point is lifting does wonders to your body!
  • SG_Diary
    SG_Diary Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You look amazing...well done for all the hard work you have put into your body.
    x x
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    not hating, but the title is reading sarcastic to me, I'm failing to see how she is or was bulky anywhere.
  • LeenaRuns
    Options
    not hating, but the title is reading sarcastic to me, I'm failing to see how she is or was bulky anywhere.

It's meant as sarcasm. Chicks are still afraid to lift weights and they shouldn't be.
  • cdub78
    cdub78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever told you that you look very much like Claire Danes?
  • belligerent599
    Options
    I hear ya. My goal is to one day look like Christmas Abbott :love:

I want to look like Secretariat.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I will be totally honest and say that I would have told you to go eat a burger in picture #1. (not really, I would never do that)
    Picture number 2 though- you look awesome!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Great job....you look amazing.
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    You look great. I love Stronglifts !
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You are amazing :)
  • xprplstardust
    xprplstardust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I love it....Definitely very informative.....BTW that bikini from this time looks great on you...So Cute!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!