Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

NSV ~ Belly Button Piercing!! :D

shayemimi
shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
First time posting pictures, but gonna try anyway...

I officially started working at losing weight (again) last May (2012) because my 25th wedding anniversary was coming up and I had ordered a dress in a Large off the internet, and wanted to be sure it fit, lol. (It did!) I lost 15 lbs over the summer just watching portion sizes and getting moving more...then I joined MFP and the weight REALLY started to melt off!!! So far I'm at about 80 lbs (my ticker says 79 but it's actually more) It's like I got my 'self' back!!! I LOVE my new/old body!!! I recently bought a few 2 piece bathing suits which I wore on my cruise in Feb. Since then I've lost another 10 lbs and I'm going to Vegas in a month so I get to wear them again!! SOOOO I decided to get my belly button pierced!! At 46!!! I love it!!!

2013-04-07173023.jpg

Replies

• wow...how exciting ... a belly button pierce, now that's treat...
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Awesome!!! I still rock my bb piercing at 36, I love it.
  • Hey - if you like it, rock it out girlfriend! Good for you! :glasses:
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Awesome!!! That's my gift to myself once I hit goal :) Congrats on the confidence to rock it!!!
  • rali4ka
    rali4ka Posts: 4 Member
    you look great, so the piercing is there to compliment your body :)
  • shayemimi
    Thanks! I'm glad I did it! I did it as a little reward to myself for coming this far! Haven't decided what I'll do when I hit my goal. Probably something involving diamonds, lol. :D
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Umm...why???
  • LittleDoodlePoodle
    LittleDoodlePoodle Posts: 154 Member
    That's my goal weight treat too!

There's something so confident about a belly button piercing! You have to be totally confident in your body to pull it off, as it pulls a spotlight to your stomach!
    Way to go lady!
  • Dacia327
    Dacia327 Posts: 38 Member
    I LOVE my belly piercing! I got mine done on our honeymoon 14 years ago when I was much thinner. But I still love it! When I get to goal I am getting a nice belly ring as my reward.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Go, you!
  • You are rocking it! Hot momma! I think you will find it very inspiring and motivating to continue on your journey.
  • jsimler1
    jsimler1 Posts: 168 Member
    Umm...why???

uhmm....why not???

I think its awesome...rock it girl!
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Umm...why???

Same reason you have your tattoo - because she wanted to.
  • eggsmilkbread
    eggsmilkbread Posts: 184 Member
    Even though I'm still husky I love my belly button piercing and I'll love it even more when I can show it off! :smokin:
    Congrats on your NSV, your piercing looks great!
  • PattyJane167
    PattyJane167 Posts: 94 Member
    Congrats!! Will be getting my belly button pierced when I shed 30 lbs...then when I hit my target weight, time for some new ink!!
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    AngelicxAnnihilation Posts: 336 Member
    :O It looks amazing!! I love it :) Great reward!
  • shayemimi
    Thanks for all the positive responses! I'll take some pics in my 2 piece suits in Vegas where my ring shows. :) I'm loving it. It didn't hurt at all (no more than a pinch) and isn't even sore (yet) healing. I always exercise in my sports bra and shorts, so I love seeing it, and hubby does too! :D

As for the 'umm why?' Well, why not? I've always wanted one, and when my daughter got hers I thought- someday I'm gonna do that!!! So I did! :D

I like the new ink idea too! I have one tattoo (inner ankle and foot) and I'd love another, just not sure what yet!
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Congrats! Now you make me want to get mine re-pierced!
  • tlesa88
    tlesa88 Posts: 56 Member
    I love that you posted this! This is one of my NSV goals when I lose weight as well! Rock it girl, you look awesome! :) Keep up the hard work!
  • Alyssa__Lauren
    Alyssa__Lauren Posts: 148 Member
    Awesome! I want to get mine repierced when I lose 10 more lbs. Thanks for being a motivator to me! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!