zumba

Options
Has anyone tried Wii zumba?? And if so how did you like it?

Replies

• jillfrederiksen
    jillfrederiksen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I personally did not care for Wii Zumba....I found it more frustrating than a good fun workout. Frustrating because the Wii doesn't always register the movements right and I found myself doing what it took to get it to register rather than the actual moves. I am lucky enough to take a zumba class once a week (ocassionally a sneak in a second one!) and love it! I even went back to the Wii Zumba again after I felt I knew the basic moves better and still don't care for it. That being said, I do know some people who like it so maybe borrow one and try it?
  • meganrpelican
    meganrpelican Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    video game excercise programs just dont burn enough calories. i felt like it was an inadequate workout
  • judyleighb
    Options
    I have it and I enjoy it.If you like to dance it is good and the time goes quick. I also have the Biggest Loser and enjoy that too.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I don't own a console at all so I cant say. But even then...give me a zumba dvd & I'm all good. I dont know how you would go about getting a good workout with a wii. I really don't. zumba you need plenty of room if you want to move big.
  • NancyStree
    NancyStree Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    thank you for all your input...I think I will pass on it...
  • terrycruchon
    terrycruchon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I go to zumba class 2-3 times a week i love it its not like wii zumba but maybe you know how to work it better than me lol
  • ejean62
    ejean62 Posts: 9
    Options
    I don't own nor have I tried the Wii Zumba workout but I have attempted to do Zumba via YouTube. It really burns crazy fat/calories. I was told that if I stuck with it, I would be able to endure an entire workout. Right now at age 50, I have trouble doing 15 minutes. With Zumba, even 15 minutes accomplishes a lot though.
  • ezrida
    ezrida Posts: 36
    Options
    I did not try the Wii zumba but since I was waiting for my zumba class and there are many things that cancel the class. I decided to zumba at home with their DVD set.
    I have found a review for the DVD in: http://zumbaexhilaratereviews.com/DVD_Review.html
  • HarleighzMom
    HarleighzMom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba 2. It's alo tmofmfun. I use it to get me motivated and it allows my daughter to participate with me. I feel silly because of my lack of coordination, but the laughing just makes it fun...
  • gigi517
    gigi517 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Zumba II. I like it. I also attend Zumba class twice a week. I find that I get what I put into it. If I work hard, then I sweat hard and feel like it is worth it. If I just try to make the thing give me a good score, then I do not feel like I get a good work out. I do the Wii Zumba with my daughter and granddaughters, and they love it. We laugh alot, mostly because I have poor coordination, but as long as I am working up a sweat, it is worth it. By the way, I also often move in the wrong direction at Zumba class, but as long as I am moving- it counts.:blushing: