SOS Heel Spur... I think?

Options
Help!! I think I have a heel spur - sharp heel pain, feels like stepping on a ... sharp spur!! Awful when I woke up , lessens as I am walking but still uncomfortable. I changed my shoes from the sketchers tone ups (I was using them for everything - now strictly walking) to running shoes for "wogging/cross training"
Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? Inserts or supports? Anyone have any experience with this?

Sending up the SOS on this one ~ please help

Thanks and have a great day,
janet

Replies

• AnnePDixon
    AnnePDixon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ice Google heel spurs for stretching exercises for heel spurs and do the stretching. Changing shoes should help. If you can swim for a bit instead of walking. If you have a New Balance store that has a way to check where you place the pressure on your feet - go - they can sell you inserts that will take the pressure off your heel. Do not walk around barefoot. I just bought a pair of fit flops that are helping. Lastly, go to an orthopedist for a shot of cortisone...this is a last resort. Good luck.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I have a heel spur. They do make heel spur inserts available at Target & Walmart. You need to wear a hard shoe, not a soft cushy one. I can only wear Birkenstocks nowadays and they do make a tennis shoe called by the name of Footprints, about $200/pair. My heel never hurts now. But you can have your heel fixed just talk to your Dr. But there is this beautiful thing called Google that will tell you all about it.
  • coderchris
    coderchris Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I would go to the doctor. I thought I might have a spur and the doc told me I had plantar fasciitis. I had to rest until it got better, I have incorporated some stretches prior to my work out and it helped. Hope you get some answers and get your pain resolved.
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I went to the foot dr. and he taped my foot up with medical tape, which looks very much like regular masking tape. I had to wear that tape for a week, it helped alot, so now i buy wide masking tape and wrap my own foot every day. How to do it: Tear off strips of the tape as long as your foot is. Place one end of the tape at the ball of your foot just your toes. Run the strip of tape down to past the heel. Repeat this til you have strips side and about 3 layers. Then take a srtip of tape and go around the side of your foot starting at the side of your foot at the base of your foot, and go around the heel and back up the other side of your foot til you get to the base of it. Then put your sock on over this, the sock will hold the tape in place all day. And the tape on the bottom of your foot works as an extra arch support. It works wonders, i have been taping my foot for 7 years now, and now i can't go a day without taping my foot. My foot don't bother me now. You can even wear the tape on the bottom of your foot when you have sandals on, although people can see it and its not pretty, but it works.