Calorie counting is hard work

Options
Any one out there in the UK, into the 2nd day and already struggling, would like Chocolate and TV

Replies

1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    It helps to use a scale, and to keep a list of the food you eat most often with the serving in grams, and the calories. I usually log calories that I am for sure going to have during my day such as coffee creamer, or my usual eggs, First. This gets them logged and I don't have to calculate everything every time I eat.
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Counting calories is hard work, being obese is harder work.

being obese is easy.....
  • rcnsmith
    rcnsmith Posts: 15
    Options

being obese is easy.....

Living to 80 while being obese is hard work
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Any one out there in the UK, into the 2nd day and already struggling, would like Chocolate and TV

You can have chocolate and TV as long as you have extreme diet dedication the rest of the day or moderate diet dedication and some exercise.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    TV has zero calories,so no problem there, but as Mallory says, you really do need to weigh everything, in grammes, or use the mfp data for calories on processed / tinned food

There is no golden bullet, it is down to you, your hands, your gob & your choice. No one can do it for you
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    whatever you do... DO NOT eat the TV!

it can't be healthy.
  • aaronlawrenc
    Options

being obese is easy.....

i can go with that
  • Tobias10
    Tobias10 Posts: 4
    Options
    cool, its the end of the day here in the UK so wont need to be dedicated for long, TV and chocolate and tomorrow is another day, thanks people.
  • rcnsmith
    rcnsmith Posts: 15
    Options
    Honestly Tobias it is painful IMO. I was never able to stay under the calorie mentioned when i started a while back. As such, I increased my workout.

What do you mean by suffering though? Try that chocolate in moderation. When i just started I would have like 120 calories in hersheys.

Cold turkey isn't for everybody. You need to get out of your house. I started web designing and actually just going to the beach and sitting.
  • aaronlawrenc
    Options

it can't be healthy.

the tv has no calories
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

it can't be healthy.
    Can I just lick it on certain scenes?
  • futuremrsevers
    Options
    AND if you get your body moving (even just walking) you would probably be able to enjoy a small amount of chocolate :)
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options

it can't be healthy.
    Can I just lick it on certain scenes?

sure.. careful with static.
  • marysowter
    marysowter Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi this is my first week and I agree logging your calories is a chore at the beginning but you do soon get use to it and it becomes second nature. You can still have chocolate as long as you log it on your food dairy as a snack,but beware it is high in calories.If you have a laptop or phone you can still log your calories while sat watching TV that is what i do? enjoy and good luck x
  • JessicaDumont2
    JessicaDumont2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've only been counting calories for 2 or 3 weeks so far, but I know when I first started, all I wanted was chocolate and to be lazy. It does get a little bit easier and you don't craves sweets as much, at least that's how I am. :) you just have to fight through the urges. And if you do give in, just exercise to make up for it.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

being obese is easy.....

Hauling my obese tale up a flight of stairs faster than a snail is hard work. I would rather count the calories.
  • RyanneRose
    RyanneRose Posts: 128 Member
    Options

being obese is easy.....

you're right. it's easy to live with these issues.

Heart disease and stroke.
    High blood pressure.
    Diabetes.
    Cancer.
    Gallbladder disease and gallstones.
    Osteoarthritis.
    Gout.
    Breathing problems, such as sleep apnea (when a person stops breathing for a short episodes during sleep) and asthma.

Ok, how about ... Getting to the point of obesity is pretty easy, but living with obesity is hard work.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Welcome to your third day. Yes it's hard. The choice is yours. If you must, eat the chocolate, but try and spin it out over several days so you don't go over your calories. Then, don't buy any more - if you haven't got any you can't eat it!
  • flywithabowtie
    flywithabowtie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just lick it everytime a candy commercial comes on. You should burn a few calories walking from the couch to the tv & back
  • RacheUk82
    RacheUk82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello Tobias,

A fellow UK MFP'er here.

Ok, have the chocolate, enjoy it, savour it, then log it!

Life is a balancing act, you need to be able to have the things you like, but in a controlled moderated way.

Grab some scales, and the MFP app. You will soon be surprised how much 100g really is, and all the calories you can have for that 100g, depending what you eat. Informed choices.

Yes its tough, and sometimes it sucks and you feel like your not making progress or seeing results, but obesity doesn't happen over night, and it sure wont come off overnight.

Stick with it...... get involved!