filling cereals

Options
2»

Replies

• Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    My husband and I love cereal, but it's hard to find a good one. We've literally spent 30 minutes at a time in the cereal aisle reading ingredient labels. So far we've found the best ones to be frosted mini wheats, cheerios, and crunchy nuggets (grape-nuts). We get ours at Wal-Mart and always get the Great Value brand. They're all three reasonable on calories, no high fructose corn syrup, and they're easy to add fruit to in order to make them even more filling and give some natural sweetness.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    What healthy cereal is both filling and good for you? I find that most cereals are just too sugary (even the ones not geared towards children) and I end up hungry again an hour later. I'm sick of the Fiber One cereals.

NONE!
  • kodakdigitalcamera
    Options
    Unfortunately none are...but the closest thing would be as whole grain as possible with no added sugar.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    warmed up grapenuts with a little bit of raw honey on top, yum and super filling!
  • abetterjune
    abetterjune Posts: 219
    Options
    Grape nuts is the bacon of the cereal world.

That, and oatmeal.

Ideally, they should be eaten at night before you go to sleep because grains help produce melatonin.

Finally, some internet validation for all those years of begging to have cheerio's for dinner and my mom *always* said no
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I eat Kashi Cinnamon Harvest with some fresh fruit and skim milk when I have time to actually sit down and have a bowl of cereal.
  • acasper3
    acasper3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Grape nuts is the bacon of the cereal world.

That, and oatmeal.

Ideally, they should be eaten at night before you go to sleep because grains help produce melatonin.

I love Grape Nuts! I live in China and they don't have it here. It's so basic but man it's good with some honey.