Fat Girl Going to China.

Options
13»

Replies

• retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Check out the Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Walk video...you can find it on-line if you look a bit. It is low impact, since you mentioned you have some trouble doing some exercises. It would be a good start to get you moving indoors, doesn't require any equipment, and you don't need a lot of room. It is low impact and you don't need to speed up as she does if it's too much.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/the-joys-and-sorrows-of-being-a-fat-foreign-girl-in-china

'Well, sort of. I’m sure everyone is well aware that I’m a human, but I’m an oddity, and I’ve made the choice to be here and I need to put up with that. Now instead of getting angry or internalizing every negative thing I hear, I talk to people more. Engaging people in conversation means I’m more than just some blubberous anomaly walking down the street, and they’re friends rather than obstacles on my path to self-acceptance.'

Read this a few weeks a go. No dieting advice except eat at a deficit and go for a walk. Oh and don't be too hard on yourself. x

What a brilliant article :smile:
  • cplanoue41
    cplanoue41 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I live in Guangzhou China and they are not all fit here. We have gifted them with McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut and others. It's the same as anywhere, you want to be fit, watch what you eat. There is no special magic about this place that keeps people thin, the overweight ones are here. Plenty of gyms, parks, and outdoor activities to get into. Moving to Beijing could be rough with the pollution but it is pretty much everywhere here it just seems that Beijing gets the most press. One good thing is that I do find myself walking here way more then at home because I don't have a car here (don't really need it). That helps a bunch. Good luck!

PS, there is a MFP group board in China....check it out for more "China" info.
  • acasper3
    acasper3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey girl, I have lived in China a little over a year. Stay away from the rice and noodles. I'm not against carbs but they pack some serious calories. If you do eat some, bring a measuring cup with you so that you measure out a flat cup full. Learn how to say no oil or less oil. Try to only get dishes with skinless chicken on it or beef. Only eat the veggies and meat on dishes. Make oatmeal your friend and honey. They have coke zero. You can get a really low fat dressing and just buy lettuce, eventhough they don't really believe in eating vegetables raw. You got this. Buy 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels. It is less than 25 minutes a day and you really tone up.