weight up not down, very confused!

Options
Hi
I have been on MFP since the end of Jan, and apart from a few lapsed weeks in feb I have been consistently losing 0.3kg a week. Last Friday I was down to 56.6kg and Sunday I was up to 57.2, today the scales say 57.4!

I am 5ft 2
1200cals net daily
looking to get to around 53kg

I started onehundred pushups 3 weeks ago(on week 4 now)
Am on day 10 of 30 day shred.
I am a nurse so have quite an active Job.

Any ideas??

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    What are your gross calories? Are you weighing and measuing everything? Can I suggest you open your diary if you want correct advice as well?
  • ALittleBitLess1
    ALittleBitLess1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Diary now open - gross cals are 1200 + the exercise for that day, so 1400 tops.(exercise cals 200, not much I know but doing 30 day shred at the moment.)
    Pre 30 DS gym or running sessions were 400-600cals a couple of times a week.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    time of the month?
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    muscle?? TOM???
  • mockchoc
    Options
    It definetely doesn't sound right that you are gaining fat on so little food for all that exercise so yes maybe time of month because it doesn't look like sodium is the cause in the last week.

You should be able to eat a lot more than that as your TDEE would be around 2000+ easily. I'm same height and 15 years older female and TDEE is around 2000 with sedentary job and much less exercise so it can't be fat you gained.
  • ALittleBitLess1
    Options
    Thanks, a bit reasuring, not TOM just yet. Not quote sure how to work out my TDEE, does this mean I am not eating enough?
  • mockchoc
    Options
    Yes I'm sure you aren't eating enough. Also have you been on a very low calorie diet before this? It could be the cause in stalling although too soon to tell. See here to work out your TDEE and how much to eat.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0

Edited because I noticed you only have 2kgs to go. It gets tough that close to goal and weight does natually go up and down. I wouldn't be too worried if it's just 2kgs!
  • manasideshpande37
    Options
    Hello, Strict diet, rigorous gym routine and compromise on favorite foods; so many efforts one has to take to lose those extra kgs. These ultimate weight loss tips will help you in achieving your goal. To know more about 25 Ultimate Weight Loss Tips . To know more about 25 Ultimate Weight Loss Tips . Visit : http://www.justforhearts.org/ultimate-25-weight-loss-tips/
  • bekeyers
    bekeyers Posts: 18
    Options
    Yeah could be time of the month. I can put on nilly 2kgs
  • tessajr
    tessajr Posts: 1
    Options
    Are you taking measurements at all? I do Body By Vi, as well as this website, and we really push taking measurements. I lost 10 pounds and over 12 inches in my first 90 days. There were some weeks I would lose and some I would gain. Had I not been taking my measurements (chest, waist, hips), I would not have known I was losing inches and would have become discouraged.
  • m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    This is why they say not to weigh yourself every day. Your weight will naturally go up and down a bit day to day. It could be the difference between having an extra glass or water.

Just weigh in once a week.
  • ALittleBitLess1
    Options
    Yes I'm sure you aren't eating enough. Also have you been on a very low calorie diet before this? It could be the cause in stalling although too soon to tell. See here to work out your TDEE and how much to eat.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0

Edited because I noticed you only have 2kgs to go. It gets tough that close to goal and weight does natually go up and down. I wouldn't be too worried if it's just 2kgs!

Thanks
    actualy need to rest my goal - have a bit more than 2kgs to lose!

does this sound right? -
    How Many Calories Should I Eat?

Based on your goal weight, the following chart was generated. The chart shows the number of calories that you should eat on a daily basis to reach your goal weight. At Fat 2 Fit Radio we advocate eating like the thin, healthy person that you want to become. The calorie levels you see in the chart are not extreme, but they do create that all important caloric deficit that is required to get you to your goal weight in a safe manner. Once you reach your goal weight, you will continue eating the same number of calories for the rest of your life to maintain that weight. You'll never be on a diet again.

Based on how much activity you do on an average day, the calories in the right column will be the number of calories that you will be able to eat at your goal weight. If you start eating those calories right now (eating like the thinner you), you will eventually become that thinner person. As you get closer to your goal weight, your weight loss will start to slow down. It is OK to eat a few hundred calories less per day (200-300) to speed up your weight loss at this point.
    Activity Level Daily Calories
    Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) 1566
    Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 1794
    Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 2023
    Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 2251
    Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) 2480

Even at sendentary that is alot more than I am eating!?!
  • ALittleBitLess1
    Options
    Hello, Strict diet, rigorous gym routine and compromise on favorite foods; so many efforts one has to take to lose those extra kgs. These ultimate weight loss tips will help you in achieving your goal. To know more about 25 Ultimate Weight Loss Tips . To know more about 25 Ultimate Weight Loss Tips . Visit : http://www.justforhearts.org/ultimate-25-weight-loss-tips/

• sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Are you keeping your diet tight over the weekend, i noticed you have a few blank sat/sun? If not a weekend binge can slow/ruin your results. Also are you weighing all your food down to the gram, being as accurate as you possibly can? And as mentioned above tom and sore muscles can make your body weight fluctuate quite considerably.
  • ALittleBitLess1
    Options
    Thanks Guys

weigh my food pretty well and some day I dont log are cause I am busy, some because I have eaten at a friends or something - make sue I am careful though and have small portions too as its so dificult to know when you have not cooked it yourself.

Am going to ban myself from the scales for a bit and see how it pans out. Maybe it is some early water retention and hopefully new muscles, my arms certainly are looking different :wink: