Today's the day it's all going to change, new to MFP.

Options
Hi,

I'm new to my fitness pal. Just joined today and really need a change in my life, because my weight is effecting my confidence. Plus sadly, it's effecting my relationship because I'm not happy with myself and don't feel sexy enough to let my partner see my body. Although he say's he doesn't care and loves me for who I am, its really had to believe that when I myself is just fat and blubber. Then he's a guy who has muscles, a six pack and can lift all 112KG of me for ages. Haven't even got the confidence to go swimming with him and the worst part is? He want's to go Spain, in the summer of 2014 and I'm so scared because I hate my body.

I know things don't happen like magic, I need to make a change and that's what I'm going to do. Not for my relationship, but for me and my health. I don't feel happy with life, yet my life's great? I have a home (live alone), boyfriend and hopefully getting my career and future sorted. Now I just need that confidence and to be happy to look in a mirror! Then say "that's me, that beautiful young independent women".

So yeah, that's a tiny bit about me and why I'm on my fitness pal. I've joined because a friend on mine currently uses it too, she's lost 14 lbs so far and its just amazing how much calorie counting and exercise can do for people. No fad diets or pills.

Just curious, is there anything I need to know or look into while on my fitness pal?

Also, here's my measurements:

Current Weight - 111.1 KG / 244 lbs
Goal Weight - 60 KG / 132 lbs
Hight - 5'7
Neck - 14.5 inches
Waist - 43 inches
Hips - 55 inches

So yeah.. thats all about me I guess. Much love!

BlueRoseLove

PS - My username I got from the blue rose that's on my computer desk, that my boyfriend bought me for Valentines day (plastic) and the love is because I love him.

Replies

• MadamUnique
    MadamUnique Posts: 173
    Options
    Sent you a friend request :)
  • BlueRoseLove
    Options
    Sent you a friend request :)

Okay, thank you.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    You can do it, wanting to is the first step. Keep at or slightly below your MFP target, do as much exercise as you can, and the weight will go. I've lost 28 lbs in two months from my high of 294, so I know it can be done. It is important to log every morsel that goes past your lips on your food diary, and your exercise also. There are different thoughts on when to weigh, I tend to weigh daily when I am at home and understand the fluctuations, some weigh weekly or less. The important thing is the trend is down.

Good luck!
  • BlueRoseLove
    Options
    You can do it, wanting to is the first step. Keep at or slightly below your MFP target, do as much exercise as you can, and the weight will go. I've lost 28 lbs in two months from my high of 294, so I know it can be done. It is important to log every morsel that goes past your lips on your food diary, and your exercise also. There are different thoughts on when to weigh, I tend to weigh daily when I am at home and understand the fluctuations, some weigh weekly or less. The important thing is the trend is down.

Good luck!

Thank you, I've just gone through success stories and its clearly possible to lose over 100 lbs. So hopefully one day, I shall be there to and inspire other people. MFP has set me on 1370 calories per a day, so if I that and exercise I'm bound to lose weight?

Congratulations on the 28 lbs lost! That's amazing, bet you feel great about it.

I'm going to try and log daily, just I have a rubbish phone at the moment.. so I cant log via that and I only have access to the internet when I'm home. But I'll see how this goes.

Ah, I don't have scales or the money to find one, just going to go my doctors monthly to get weighed and hopefully see a difference!
  • musicrocks133
    musicrocks133 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You can do this :)
  • rickholden9
    Options
    Agreed, wanting to make a change is step one, congratulations on wanting to make a change for the better. Log your food and workouts every day, make good choices. Be honest with yourself, change takes time and is not easy. Don't give up. Good luck to you.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    You can do anything you put your mind too. Summer of 2014 is a long way off. You could be rockin it by then if you start now. If you are like most of us, you have some ups and downs along the way, so don't get discouraged and quit. Be in it for the long haul and don't give up, just roll with the tide, smoother waters are always ahead. You can do this. There are a lot of people here for support, take advantage of it.
  • nickielouise36
    nickielouise36 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hiya I know how u feel.. I'm here to support u .. we can all do this xx
  • MadisonLeo
    Options
    Invest in a Heart Rate Monitor! Polar or Garmin are the best, but I have a Mio Drive Petite that is also pretty good. Shop around and you can get a pretty good deal. I got mine at about 80% off. However, whatever the price, you are going to want to know how many calories you are burning when working out. This is how you will earn back calories so you can eat and still lose weight.

Hope this helps! Welcome and know you are going in the right direction joining MFP. This is NOT a diet or fad, it will help you shape a healthy lifestyle for yourself and keep the weight off after you lose it. It does take time, but it WILL HAPPEN!
  • Lind5ay90
    Lind5ay90 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome! I started losing weight for the same reasons that you mentioned. Though my husband thought I was beautiful, I couldn't see it and wouldn't let him see me.
    I'd love to be friends and try to help motivate you along the way.
    It's a tough journey, but the end results are all worth it.
  • MadisonLeo
    Options
    One more thing about the calories MFP set. Those are NET CALORIES!! Doesn't mean that is all you get to eat everyday. You can eat 2000 if you want, but you must exercise to bring it back down to under 1360 in order to lose weight. This confuses people and they end up being hungry, not losing weight and sometimes even give up. The only days you should only eat 1360 are on days when you don't work out. Otherwise, the exercise will earn you calories so you can eat more and be satisfied!
  • cspinney
    cspinney Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! You can do it!
  • BlueRoseLove
    Options
    You can do this :)

Thank you, also accepted your friend request.
  • BlueRoseLove
    Options
    Agreed, wanting to make a change is step one, congratulations on wanting to make a change for the better. Log your food and workouts every day, make good choices. Be honest with yourself, change takes time and is not easy. Don't give up. Good luck to you.

Thank you and I shall, can't wait to actually see results one -day.
  • BlueRoseLove
    Options
    You can do anything you put your mind too. Summer of 2014 is a long way off. You could be rockin it by then if you start now. If you are like most of us, you have some ups and downs along the way, so don't get discouraged and quit. Be in it for the long haul and don't give up, just roll with the tide, smoother waters are always ahead. You can do this. There are a lot of people here for support, take advantage of it.

Ah, I know.. it seems so far away. But yeah, this site seems pretty awesome. Thank you by the way.
  • BlueRoseLove
    Options
    Invest in a Heart Rate Monitor! Polar or Garmin are the best, but I have a Mio Drive Petite that is also pretty good. Shop around and you can get a pretty good deal. I got mine at about 80% off. However, whatever the price, you are going to want to know how many calories you are burning when working out. This is how you will earn back calories so you can eat and still lose weight.

Hope this helps! Welcome and know you are going in the right direction joining MFP. This is NOT a diet or fad, it will help you shape a healthy lifestyle for yourself and keep the weight off after you lose it. It does take time, but it WILL HAPPEN!

Ah, I just checked online how much a HRM cost! Haven't got that sort of money yet, guess its time to bring out the saving jar. But thanks for the information.

It does help a lot and thank you.
  • BlueRoseLove
    Options
    Hi there and welcome! I started losing weight for the same reasons that you mentioned. Though my husband thought I was beautiful, I couldn't see it and wouldn't let him see me.
    I'd love to be friends and try to help motivate you along the way.
    It's a tough journey, but the end results are all worth it.

Hi,

I'll add you. So glad I'm talking to somebody in the same boat and I'd love to motivate you.
  • BlueRoseLove
    Options
    One more thing about the calories MFP set. Those are NET CALORIES!! Doesn't mean that is all you get to eat everyday. You can eat 2000 if you want, but you must exercise to bring it back down to under 1360 in order to lose weight. This confuses people and they end up being hungry, not losing weight and sometimes even give up. The only days you should only eat 1360 are on days when you don't work out. Otherwise, the exercise will earn you calories so you can eat more and be satisfied!

Oh okay, I didn't know that. Thanks and that's interesting!
  • BlueRoseLove
    Options
    Best of luck to you! You can do it!

Thank you.
  • rwylie1963
    rwylie1963 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day too. I've tried every diet known to man only to lose and then eventually put the weight back on. It really does just come down to the fact that you have to eat fewer calories than you burn. There are no majic pills or diets. WE can do this!