Fill you life with goals.

Options
Fill your life with goals.

When you get close to your weight goal, you become more focused on it. You think about it constantly. Will it be tomorrow? In three days? Next week? Every time you eat you may think, "Maybe if I eat a little less, I can get to my goal sooner," or, "What if I walk twice a day for just this week?" Or, maybe you think, "After I reach my goal I can relax, right?"

You may think that once you reach goal you are done. But you will need to remain ever- vigilant maintaining your goal weight, You also will need to see beyond weight loss to the other things in life that make it worth living. Learn something new. Set a goal to meet a different kind of challenge. Fill your life with more goals than just reaching your goal weight, and see how full your life can be.

Action for the day: In your journal, write down three non-weight-related goals.

© 2007, National Association for Weight Loss Surgery. All rights reserved. Daily Inspirations are provided by the National Association for Weight Loss Surgery. Get our free report, How to Regain-Proof Your Weight Loss Surgery at .www.nawls.com

Replies

• elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    great post!
  • Darling_Jay
    Options
    This is a really good idea. I find that being organised with my eating, and planning ahead and making time for exercise etc is making life in general easier to digest and generally brighter and more focused! :)
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Very good advice, and by following these suggestions~and the support of my On-Line and Curves Friends~ I am SURE that I will NEVER be in the shape I was 16 months ago!
    :happy: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I hope I remember this when I do get close to goal