Dr Oz Starch/Carb news

Options
Resistant starches are the carbs that are slower to metabolize and therefore don't give you a spike in insulin and sugar. They clean out your colon, feed the healthy bacteria in your colon, prevent diabetis, colon cancer and weight gain. All you do is follow his 5 steps:
1. Eat your pasta, rice and other cooked carbs cold.
2. Or cook them til el dente ( 3-4 minutes shorter than package says.)
3. Eat beans, barley and whole grains bread.
4. Eat green bananas instead of yellow bananas. These you have to cook like plantains. Boil, peel and mash.
5. Use resistant flour in your cooking on a 1/3 scale. ( 2 regular flour, 1 cup resistant flour. ) There are three types- green banana flour, sorghum flour or any labeled resistant starch flour.

Good luck.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Resistant starches are the carbs that are slower to metabolize and therefore don't give you a spike in insulin and sugar. They clean out your colon, feed the healthy bacteria in your colon, prevent diabetis, colon cancer and weight gain. All you do is follow his 5 steps:
    1. Eat your pasta, rice and other cooked carbs cold.
    2. Or cook them til el dente ( 3-4 minutes shorter than package says.)
    3. Eat beans, barley and whole grains bread.
    4. Eat green bananas instead of yellow bananas. These you have to cook like plantains. Boil, peel and mash.
    5. Use resistant flour in your cooking on a 1/3 scale. ( 2 regular flour, 1 cup resistant flour. ) There are three types- green banana flour, sorghum flour or any labeled resistant starch flour.

Good luck.

Lolololol
  • ColoradoLes
    Options
    Dr Oz is a moron.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz is a moron.

An hour long info-commercial at best!! Despise this man with all his crap!!!! He throws in 5 minutes of actual useful information and the rest is "go out and buy this now to lose 50 lbs"!! grrr
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Doug Stanhope - TV Doctors
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/-1jii8jFhQ
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz can lick a butt.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    happykillmore2yp1_zps8520d214.gif

Insulin just isn't the big scary monster you think it is.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I know you're trying to be helpful...but when Dr. Oz comes on you should do this:

mcx-refuse-to-listen-0210-mdn.jpg

And remember that most of what he peddles is to ultimately line his pockets, not make you healthier.

Eat at a deficit & exercise and you will reach your goals!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I dont actually watch doctor Oz but in russia we have a similar doctor type program where they pretty much talk 95% bull**** and my grandma swears by it, to the point if i show her contradicting data by real doctors from peer reviewed medical journals she's like "no these people on tv are right"
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Snake Oil Salesman
  • bsalvato
    bsalvato Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    who doesn't cook their pasta al dente anyway? That's the way it's meant to be eaten. I do love these Dr. Oz threads they make my day more enjoyable when everyone floods in to mention his quackery.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    wtf2_zpsdf922240.gif
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    No
    dubstepcat.gif
    No
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mkz5n2St2P1qz4rgp.gif
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    bertstare.jpg

If you believe Dr. Oz, then I have some beach front property in Nebraska that I am willing to let go of cheap!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I dont actually watch doctor Oz but in russia we have a similar doctor type program where they pretty much talk 95% bull**** and my grandma swears by it, to the point if i show her contradicting data by real doctors from peer reviewed medical journals she's like "no these people on tv are right"

In Soviet Russia, Carbs eat you!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I know you're trying to be helpful...but when Dr. Oz comes on you should do this:

mcx-refuse-to-listen-0210-mdn.jpg

And remember that most of what he peddles is to ultimately line his pockets, not make you healthier.

Eat at a deficit & exercise and you will reach your goals!

Yep! I can see you're new to the forums, so just as a tip, we don't really appreciate Dr. Oz around here. 95% of what he says is completely ridiculous, insane BS, and so is the info in this post. You can lose the weight without these crazy "tips and tricks." Good luck!! :)
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this info segment was quickly followed by someone hawking a pill that would neutralize any bad carbs you happen eat as well.
  • MikeNoTalent
    MikeNoTalent Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Doctor Oz is the Scientology of nutrition! It's silly nonsense.
  • mateo57505
    mateo57505 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    droz_zpsd10b9ff0.gif
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    droz_zpsd10b9ff0.gif

That is adorable!