30 day shred

Options
I just started the 30 day shred today and I am looking for some extra support so I don't quit half way. Anybody have any succes stories, before and after pictures, or advice?

Replies

• Bmott0928
    Bmott0928 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8, and the only advice I have for you, is to stick with it and dont quit. It is difficult, but it gets easier and you will feel so good after each one that you do. It feels so good to finally be able to actually do a pushup, but even 10 pushups in a row. Just stick with it. You will feel change, maybe not in the scale, but in inches. good luck! :) add me if you need some support.
  • AddyMaeMomma
    AddyMaeMomma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is my before and after. It's great! Add me, if you wish!
  • mjoshua87
    mjoshua87 Posts: 50
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred for 3 months and lost 24.6 lbs. I've now started her Ripped in 30 workout dvd. I enjoyed the shred alot i did each level for 1 month, I know longer than 30 days but i have alot more to lose then some. But goodluck and keep with it you'll notice with in a few short weeks and also your notice your endurance level build.:)
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I agree with sticking with it. TAKE PICTURES! The scale hardly moved for me. I originally lost 9# from the start of 30DS and doing a couple of other things, but I am now only down 6#, so somewhere along the line I gained 3#, BUT my clothes fit better than ever. The scale frustrates me and makes me wonder why I work my *kitten* off sweating 5-6 days a week and it doesn't move . . . but the proof is in the clothes! I only get on the scale to see if it's moving. It doesn't bother me as much because I did take before and after pictures and see a huge difference!

If it starts getting boring or you want to quit go onto the next level. I didn't stick with level one for very long - I think 5 days. It was too easy and I didn't feel I was getting a very good workout.

GOOD LUCK! The total workout from start to finish of each level is about 27 minutes (With warmup and cool down) you have 30 minutes a day to give yourself, right!?

F25E2B8D-50DA-4E5E-9E83-43FC1719DCE9-5330-000002D6C9D2A96C.jpg
  • Lgreen0816
    Lgreen0816 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today as well. I'll be happy to do the program with you. I NEED the encouragement to keep going. Feel free to friend me if you are interested.
  • kgammage86
    Options
    I started yesterday!! So far so good!
  • NaturalRunner
    Options
    Should this be done for 30 days straight? Or do you take rest days?
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Should this be done for 30 days straight? Or do you take rest days?

I have the Jillian app and she incorporates 2 rest days in that, so I ASSUME that you should have rest days just because I know you should give you body time to recover. I did it 4-5 days a week. It took 6 weeks for me.
  • bsalvato
    bsalvato Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I started last week. Today will be Level 1 day 5.
  • queenbear5
    queenbear5 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 3 day 7. I'm tired, but I look better than ever. Stick with it, even when you feel like taking the day off. It's worth the trouble.
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Started yesterday. Already did day 2 this morning. happy its over lol the first day was way harder than today lol....

add me if you want.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    scibba you look amazing! Im doing it mon-friday with other workouts (walking and fitness blender videos) and im on level 2 day 2 now. Iv found it easier to stick to with a mon-fri schedule
  • Katieloula
    Options
    My profile pic is my before and after. It's great! Add me, if you wish!

Can I ask if you did it every day for each month or did you take days of during the week? I'm planning on doing ten days each level but taking 2-3 days off a week :)
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    There's days I'm not feeling it so I'll do level 1 for sure and lower my weights. This morning I didn't even use any weights (up all night with sick child) but I try to do something every day.

But I'm loving the results. don't get discouraged if you step on the scale and there's a gain. Get the measuring tape out. I've run out of wholes in my belt buckle and need to add a whole since I'm pulling my belt in so much.

Good luck,

cindy
  • JonnaM0916
    JonnaM0916 Posts: 113
    Options
    I am on day 3 of the Shred...Add me if you want! :happy:
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7 level 1

drink lots of water

don't focus on speed right now but focus on the form

push through the work outs
  • ssizmur
    ssizmur Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2 day 8 and have not lost a pound..until today! I dropped 2 pounds. Many pepole have said that you won't lose weight until the end of level 2 or begining of level 3. Don't get discourage if you don't see that scale move, just remember you are losing inches!
  • Schmidt722
    Schmidt722 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday, keep me posted!

Although, I'm doing what I call the 40-day shred, with scheduled rest days every 3rd day. I've heard mixed reviews on whether it's intended to be done straight through or with breaks, so I'm just doing what resonated with me.
  • sansbuda
    sansbuda Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 62 and just finished on Sunday. I did it straight thru with no rest days. I did the beginners moves all the way thru. I didn't get the results that some of the younger folks do but I did get results so I'm happy with that. The scale barely moved the whole time but my clothes definitely fit better. Keep with it; it's definitely worth it. Now I'm trying to decide what to do to so I don't lose any of the gains I made.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!