Options
2»

Replies

• iLoveMyAR15
    iLoveMyAR15 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    not eating enough

not nearly enough

for reals. try to meet your calorie goal! No need to starve.

yes, yes and yes!
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Curious to see your fiber as well. Find a veteran FP member that can help you get your RDI custom set to your needs. Whoever put into our heads stop eating to lose weight needs to be shot.
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My weight loss slowed way down in Feb. and I have a wonderful friend who just keeps dropping the weight. So I messaged her and asked what I needed to do differently. I have been eating much cleaner (not always) and started exercising since starting in Sept last year.

She said EAT MORE, weigh my food when in doubt, and eat more often. She had seen a nutritionist to start her weight loss.

So I upped my calories and I eat more often and the weight has slowly started coming back off! Yeah! Still not as fast as hers but i am older, so might have something to do with that.

Eat maybe some fresh fruit and veggies when at work for break time. Walk the halls during lunch break,

Don't give up. Takes time to learn how to do this right.
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    Also I'd like to add that you may want to slowly add in more calories. I wouldn't go from as low as you are to say 1500-1600 calories overnight or anything. I have a bad issue with netting enough calories because like you, I don't get hungry nearly enough. My best advice for that would be to find high calorie foods to eat sometimes ... Generally speaking, things with lots of fats (good fats, not junk) tend to be high calorie. Think avocados, nuts, etc. for snacks. Almonds for example are around 160 calories, I believe, for roughly 20-25 almonds which isn't very many. Try using different oils when you cook like coconut oil, olive oil, etc. to bump up the calories some.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Holy ****....

Eat for cryin' out loud. The goal MFP gives you has a built in calorie deficit...you should minimally be netting to that goal, not shooting under it...that calorie goal is not your maintenance level of calories...I cannot stress that enough. Eating 500 and 600 calories per day is starving your body of nutrients and completely shutting your metabolism down.

Contrary to popular belief, you do need to eat to lose weight...the trick is to eat below your daily expenditure (MFP's goal is below your daily expenditure) but now so little that your metabolism shuts down.
  • alannabowes
    alannabowes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Curious to see your fiber as well. Find a veteran FP member that can help you get your RDI custom set to your needs. Whoever put into our heads stop eating to lose weight needs to be shot.

haha love it. it's true. if you stop eating your body will go into starvation mode and hang onto every bit of fat in your body!!! that's partly how I gained so much weight- I wasn't eating enough or regularly. didn't help that I was on a medication that caused weight gain, either, though.

I've learned from being on MFP for the past couple of months that I HAVE to eat more otherwise I don't feel well or I binge. Empty calories are also horrible for me. I was eating bagels and they were not worth the calories, because they didn't fill me up! Switched it for an apple and pb and some yogurt, much better breakfast, and I feel way more full!