Comfy & affordable sports bras?

Options
I'm not super big on the cute fitness clothes (although I would like to be), but I need some advice as to where I could get a nice sports bra. I'm still using the same one I've used since I was sixteen (it still works... but it's a little tighter from when I was 40 pounds lighter).

I'm finishing up my last month in university, so I need a store (online works, too) that sells them fairly cheap (less than $30 would be awesome). I'm a size 36C, so I imagine I'd be able to find my size just about everywhere.

Recommendations, ladies?

Replies

• missyrussell81
    missyrussell81 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just got a good one from Target for $14.99.
  • kokalvt
    kokalvt Posts: 143
    Options
    Old Navy...all day, every day!
  • CongoClark81
    CongoClark81 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    They may not be the most flattering but that shouldnt matter if using them for working out. I have Danskin Now Sports Bras from Walmart. Super Comfortable and they are like $10 for a 2 pack. They come in S, M, L, XL and 2XL
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/16898036?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227000877173&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=&wl3=13695577150&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem
  • vbrent07
    vbrent07 Posts: 115
    Options
    I got a good danskin one at walmart for about $15
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I like the Champion one I got at Target for about $20 ...Canadian....but whatever it's "cheap".
    It's really funny listen to all the Canadians expecting the same prices at Target Canada as in Target US. It's a whole other market down there. All your stuff is just cheaper. The same thing happened when Winners came up here. We think they're going to sell gold bricks fro 50 cents or something.
  • toothwalker_
    toothwalker_ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they have an H&M where you are, but they come in super fun colours and the material puts up with a lot of wear. I've had mine for nearly a year, and it has survived workouts as well as a solid month of use while I was backpacking around the continent. I needed the largest size from the normal ladies line, but it's not a tight fit at all.
  • Tachyonic
    Tachyonic Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like the Champion one I got at Target for about $20 ...Canadian....but whatever it's "cheap".
    It's really funny listen to all the Canadians expecting the same prices at Target Canada as in Target US. It's a whole other market down there. All your stuff is just cheaper. The same thing happened when Winners came up here. We think they're going to sell gold bricks fro 50 cents or something.

Haha, you made me laugh. :)
    I don't know if they have an H&M where you are, but they come in super fun colours and the material puts up with a lot of wear. I've had mine for nearly a year, and it has survived workouts as well as a solid month of use while I was backpacking around the continent. I needed the largest size from the normal ladies line, but it's not a tight fit at all.

We just got an H&M about two years ago in my hometown, which is only an hour away from my university. I was only able to go once or twice, but I will definitely check that out!
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    The Champion bras from Target and the ones at Old Navy are very similar and around $15US each. I like them both. They provide pretty good support. (I am close to your size there.) You might want to steer away from anything cotton, as those can chafe pretty badly if you are excersicing for a while.
  • sarahlynnekline
    Options
    Target and old navy!
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    The Danskin Now High Impact Seamless sports bra at Walmart (can be purchased online) is cheap and comfy and supportive.

A little pricier is Moving Comfort.
  • ozigal
    ozigal Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Seriously?? That's not something you want to guess at.

Wherever you go, get properly fitted as you will find your size will have changed.

You'll thank me for this when you get older :)
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I totally agree!!!
    A sports bra is one of the things that you really, really want to make sure fits properly and offers enough support. Stay away from ones that are pull over style. They do not offer enough support and you will end up with damaged breast tissue.
    Seriously?? That's not something you want to guess at.

Wherever you go, get properly fitted as you will find your size will have changed.

You'll thank me for this when you get older :)
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret - normally pricey, but their sports stuff is actually fairly reasonable, and right now there's a sale going on still I believe. :) I have 2 of their racerback sports bras and I absolutely love them. They have yet to wear out on me and I've had them for nearly a year now. Danskin also makes some really nice ones, I had two of them before I shrank and needed to buy smaller ones again. lol
  • favhrnstr
    favhrnstr Posts: 55
    Options
    Thanks for asking this question! So many sports bras are sized only on band size (like there's not difference between A and D cups), or in a S-M-L format. I've had trouble finding one that offers support for exercising upright and in plank positions; my current Danskin one barely does its job. ****'s has an amazing-looking one sized by bra size, but it's super-expensive. Does anywhere else size like this? Any bustier ladies find a good one for higher impact exercising (Insanity/P90X kind of exercise)?
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I bought all mine from Victoria's Secret at their crazy semi annual sale. They were about 5 bucks a piece, and I bought every one they had in my size. Digging in bins, and standing in crazy lines aside....it was worth it.

Adjustable back hooks, and really supportive. I'm on the small side though, so something higher quality would be best if you're busty.
  • beerwidow
    beerwidow Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Check out Title Nine for Sports Bras - there's always some on Sale. They last and you can select by the amount of support you need!
    http://www.titlenine.com/category/title-nine-sale/sports-bras-shelf-bra-tops-sale.do?c=22.89&sortby=ourPicksAscend&page=all
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I love my Target one!
  • wendywitte
    Options
    At a C cup you really want something supportive. Go to movingcomfort.com and check out what's on sale. There is always something. Even their more expensive bras usually have last season colors on sale. I'm a C or D cup and very fond of the Fiona. I do a lot of running though, so need lots of support. I also don't like fighting into and out of my bras, so a hook is much for me than a pull over. Check out their fitting info too.
  • whiteoutpen
    whiteoutpen Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    All of mine are from target. They have different kinds, so make sure you try them on. I have a rather large chest (40DDD), and I can fit into an XXL there. It's a big strange though, because I have two XXL's and one XL, and the XL is definitely looser than the other two. But it also has less support. My favorite bra from Target is one that had thin pads. Really good support.

Also, I saw some cheap ones at Old Navy. They only go up to XL, though, so I couldn't fit. Ah well.
  • nobleammonite
    nobleammonite Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm smaller than you (34B) but I LOOOOVE my Champion from Target. (I think it's called C9? It's seamless, and has a sort of texture on the front.) So comfy and cheap! I run it in with no issues. I got one at regular price and one on clearance for $11.