Dr Oz is a moron.

THIS^

A---a men
    A---a men

A-MEN, A-MEN, A-Men...sing it over...
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I wonder if Dr. Oz knows he's becoming a joke.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz invited Dr. Chutkan on to the show to talk about how resistant starches can help prevent cancer & diabetes. So you guys are dead wrong, he didn't say it his guest a doctor said it. There was no product. to sell. I myself don't like my pasta el dente and I am Italian. And it works for me because even without this news it is how I have been dieting. I lost 30 lbs. Enough said. Please don't waste web time with any replies you just showed me how adolescent you really are. If you don't like what I said I would rather have no response.

First time on the internet?
    If you only want agreement, stay off line and talk to yourself. You'll make a great Dr. Oz fan that way.

Wow, then she sure wouldn't like to hear about the lifestyle that's working for me! (high fat, moderate protein, low carb). According to Dr. Oz, instead of curing diabetes, depression, chronic pain/fatigue, digestive disorders, obesity, you name it, as I have, I should be about to drop dead from a stroke or heart attack. How ever will I survive without filling up on grains, beans, pasta or other "resistant starches"? Oh yeah, but only "al dente" or cold is the key. LOL
  • JenniferMary_9169
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • kidtachyon
    kidtachyon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    This thread is worth it for the GIF's alone. I'm cracking up.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    How cold are we talking minus a few kelvins? So if I eat it with raw cambodian breast milk will that help me lose weight too?
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz invited Dr. Chutkan on to the show to talk about how resistant starches can help prevent cancer & diabetes. So you guys are dead wrong, he didn't say it his guest a doctor said it. There was no product. to sell. I myself don't like my pasta el dente and I am Italian. And it works for me because even without this news it is how I have been dieting. I lost 30 lbs. Enough said. Please don't waste web time with any replies you just showed me how adolescent you really are. If you don't like what I said I would rather have no response.

Wait a minute...you getting a kickback from Dr. Oz's people or something?

I mean...do research beyond Dr. Oz...look into the glycemic index (the individualized glycemic response to certain foods...) Have you heard of that? I'm being honest here. I'm just saying don't base your diet and beliefs about food off of one opinion...not that you do-just saying.

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. But if you're a Dr. Oz groupie...I think you know how most people feel about this individual.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

This is hilarious. Trust me hon, you did not lose 30lbs because you cooked your pasta al dente. You lost 30lbs because you created a calorie deficit, through exercise or healthier eating or both. Plain and simple.

If you want to keep doing this that's fine, you can eat however you want to. But please don't try to convince anyone that this crap actually "works" for weight loss. There are so many people here who have lost 30, 50, or 200 pounds without any of this nonsense.

Also, if you don't want to hear from people who don't agree, you probably should stay off the internet. It's sad when people are so terrified opening their eyes to the world around them, that they refuse to even CONSIDER someone disagreeing with them...

the more that the weight loss gurus and scammers can convince the average uninformed American that weight loss is voodoo and magic and can only be accomplished by following obtuse sets of restrictive rules... the more money the gurus and scammers can make by selling books and magic pills and DVDs and weight loss gimmicks and gadgets. the whole industry is disgusting and exploitative and Dr. Oz. has lost almost all of his credibility in the medical community for joining forces with the gurus and scammers to make a quick buck trying to capitalize on the notoriety that Oprah brought him. he may be an accomplished heart surgeon, but that doesn't mean he knows anything about weight loss. he allows himself to be misled and his viewers to be misled by inviting quacks on his show, including that phony psychic who advocated getting psychic readings and communicating with dead relatives as a valid form of therapy. Dr. Oz. was in no way skeptical of that phony psychic's claims. this is why he has no credibility about anything he allows to be discussed on his show.

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/03/21/kathleen-nordal-on-dr-oz-and-john-edward/
  • melaniecmajors
    melaniecmajors Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Resistant starches are the carbs that are slower to metabolize and therefore don't give you a spike in insulin and sugar. They clean out your colon, feed the healthy bacteria in your colon, prevent diabetis, colon cancer and weight gain. All you do is follow his 5 steps:
    1. Eat your pasta, rice and other cooked carbs cold.
    2. Or cook them til el dente ( 3-4 minutes shorter than package says.)
    3. Eat beans, barley and whole grains bread.
    4. Eat green bananas instead of yellow bananas. These you have to cook like plantains. Boil, peel and mash.
    5. Use resistant flour in your cooking on a 1/3 scale. ( 2 regular flour, 1 cup resistant flour. ) There are three types- green banana flour, sorghum flour or any labeled resistant starch flour.

Good luck.

Hit enter by accident :/ See my second post.
  • onceandforall32
    Options
    i like watching his show. and NO i do not run out and buy everything he talk about. he contradicts himself every other day/week anyway. one day you should eat this next day you shouldn't. same thing with every diet/nutrition tip out there. I think the best is to find what works for you.
  • jomap777
    jomap777 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This thread is worth it for the GIF's alone. I'm cracking up.

Amen. Love the Office one and yes I can't break eye contact with Bert either.
  • melaniecmajors
    melaniecmajors Posts: 39 Member
    Options

There is a book called "The Carb Lover's Diet" that came out a few years ago. I've read it. I think it's worth the read. It's the reason why I don't feel guilty eating real potato chips. You should check it out. i found it helpful.
  • LissaK1981
    LissaK1981 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hahaha cold mexican "el dente pasta" Its not like it is going to stay cold the whole way through your intestines. This is too funny. Its going to warm to body temperature before it clears your stomach, so no matter if it starts cold or hot its gonna be body temp while digesting.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz clearly isn't a moron. However, he definitely peddles moronic theories and ideas. He is an untrustworthy salesman who will risk your health to line his pockets. He is obviously very intelligent AND charming. However, not to be trusted.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    If undercooked, cold pasta is good, then uncooked, frozen pasta is better, yes? Sweet! Lunch. Is. Planned.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    at-first-i-was-like-then-they-rustled-my-jimmies.jpg
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz clearly isn't a moron. However, he definitely peddles moronic theories and ideas. He is an untrustworthy salesman who will risk your health to line his pockets. He is obviously very intelligent AND charming. However, not to be trusted.

So true.
    We need to stop calling him a moron. That's an insult to all well intentioned morons of high integrity.
    He's smart. He knows what he is saying/selling is a crock of ****.
    His intention is to get your money.
    He has NO integrity.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

So true.
    We need to stop calling him a moron. That's an insult to all well intentioned morons of high integrity.
    He's smart. He knows what he is saying/selling is a crock of ****.
    His intention is to get your money.
    He has NO integrity.

Exactly. Let's not deface true morons by labeling this snakeoil salesman with that title. Instead let's call him what he is: A crook.
  • sammycat1
    sammycat1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This is basically everything the F-2 Diet devised in the 60's by Audrey Eyton says or really just a high fiber diet.

Shame on Dr Oz if he's using this as his own