Just read Non Fat Greek Yogurt thread......rave reviews??

Options

Replies

• al369
    al369 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Chobani in any flavor except lemon (yuck).

0% plain chobani with fruit, agave nectar (or honey), and vanilla extract is delicious, sweet, and still has way less sugar than the pre-flavored ones.

I LOVE greek yogurt but I still have to have sweetener in it. Maybe one day I can file my sweet tooth down enough to just like it plain with fruit.
  • DMBLover70
    Options
    I LOVE the Oikos greek yogurts. My favorite flavors are Vanilla, pomegranate, pineapple and strawberry.
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I am not a yogurt person. The only yogurt that I love is El Mexicano drinkable yogurt ... super sweet, high calorie, plenty of fat.

But, we did switch from sour cream to Chobani 0% plain yogurt. I don't like it as well as sour cream, but it makes for a good substitute if you're looking for something healthy.

I recently bought Great Value key lime Greek yogurt. It is OK, but has some sort of weird artificial flavor. I'm not sure if it's the key lime or the sweetener. Normally, artificial sweeteners don't bother me, but this one leaves a weird aftertaste.

So, I guess we are going to have to do what others have done ... trial and error. Take our chances and see if we can find zero-fat or low-fat Greek that we love to eat.
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    If you haven't tried hemp hearts in your yoghurt yet, you must. So good.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Here is a great breakfast treat:

1/2 cup greek yogurt
    1 tablespoon of honey
    1/4 cup blueberries
    8 pecan halves

Mix it all up and enjoy! Every one of the above is a super food, and the combo is killer!
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I too tasted it wayyyy back when it first came out and I assure you it's better now, MUCH better!!!!

Now I don't like the dannon light fit greek as suggested many time because of the artificial sweeteners. YES it's less calories but I prefer natural. I do eat lots of chobani non-fat, liberte, and yopa only if it's free (without the granoloa topping) Chobani bites are great because they're small but pack a lot of protein with 100 cal and less sugar than the big chobani. However, where I am we can only get 3 flavors of that so I buy the big chobani's and I'll eat half at a time...sometimes half for lunch and half for breakfast or others half the same day.

I also buy nonfat plain greek yogurt for a sour cream substitute in everything to up my protein w/o upping my fat!

Maybe I've been away from lots of artificial and processed sugars? But I think it's super sweet and needs to stevia...
  • ericachristie85
    ericachristie85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is the Liberte Greek- Lemon.

I pretty much stick with Fage, tho light and fit makes some good flavors.

This is truly the best flavored greek yogurt out there. My god is it good. But I buy 3x 500ml a week from Costco's kirkland to use in variety of ways. I make a liter of tzatziki a week and use the rest with either jam or honey in the morning. So addicted to Greek yogurt.
  • j4zepedajj
    Options
    I eat Plain Greek yogurt every morning in my shake.. it has low carbs and 24g of Protein!!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I like the Yoplait Light and Fit 0 fat. I have been eating the strawberry. Stir it up, and stir it well, then stir it some more.

I have not found 1 yet that I don't like, but the secret, I think, is to make sure you stir them well.
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    l love the Chobani flavors of Strawberry, Strawberry/Banana, Banana and the Pineapple. I also enjoy the Oikos brand in Orange Creme (reminds me of a dreamsicle) and Strawberry.
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Oikos Blueberry is amazing ! Thick and creamy. Almost like ice cream to me.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    OHHH PS I am fine with Fage but my daughter and husband thing it's disgusting. They will eat chobani or liberte though.

Also, for lunch you can get frozen greek yogurt. Ciao Bella makes a great one!
  • leonaedithlewis
    leonaedithlewis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the Fage brand, very smooth. I add fresh fruit to it and I put it in smoothies. I have been eating plan yogurt for a long time and now flavored yogurt tastes way to sweet. You can also add honey or sugar, the advantage of buying plain is that you can control what goes in it. Different brands of greek yogurt taste substantially different, so you may want to try a few before giving up on greek yogurt all together.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Fage was the first and is still the best. The consistency is creamier and denser than Chobani, and it leaves the other imitators in the dust. All of this is my personal preference, naturally, so YMMV.

I tried Oikos and a few other brands and ended up feeding them to my dog. They figure adding pectin to regular nasty sour yogurt will fool customers. But we weren't born yesterday. We know what Greek yogurt is supposed to taste like.
  • leonaedithlewis
    leonaedithlewis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Non-fat is disgusting. Buy whole-fat Fage instead. Seriously, its only 40 calories more than the 2% variety but tastes so much better.

Its true. The whole-fat Fage is super smooth tasting.
  • aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I can't take the nasty taste of any Greek yogurt besides Dannon Light and Fit. It doesn't taste like Greek yogurt but, it has almost as much protein etc. I wonder if it's some hybrid "Greek Style" product? I don't know and I don't care because, it tastes good lol.
  • LissaK1981
    LissaK1981 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I became obsessed with chobani, but I now use it as a starter to make my own with organic fat free milk and organic powdered milk. The first time i had greek yogurt I did not like it. Try different brands. Just read the labels, some of the dannon has apartame. Making it yourself is really easy and fun too. It take a bit of playing around till you get the right recipe, but so worth it.
  • PhoenixJR
    PhoenixJR Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Do you mean Siggis? Skyr is awesome, though it is very tart. It also has no fat and a lot of protein. I love skyr!
  • Vivaciousfemale
    Vivaciousfemale Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I add stevia to sweeten it up. I am on South Beach so I can't have a lot of fruit though I imagine most berries would be good. I have mixed in lemon extract (not my favorite), Hershey's cocoa powder, or cinnamon. My SIL suggested slivered almonds which I havent tried but imagine would be delish! I eat the plain fat free variety which is all I can have on SB.

YES! I actually Love my homemade Greek Yogurt because I sweeten with Stevia and mash and mix in Blackberries or Raspberries or Strawberries. I hope you give it another try making it your own.. Just keep in mind all those "flavored Greek Yogurts out there are Super high in sugar not idea for good health or weight loss. The one I did enjoy before getting creative with my own Plain Greek yogurt and found to be the lowest in sugar is Yoplait Greek Yogurt 100.

Good Luck!
  • jlf292013
    Options
    My trainer told me about Chobani non fat Greek yogurt. I eat raspberry, strawberry, Apple cinnamon, blueberry, peach kinds. They are yummy. Vanilla is gross to me and so would not recommend that kind. They are a buck a piece and sometimes less,
    but yummy. Go check them out. Doesn't hurt to try. :)