Eating The Same Things Daily

Options
13»

Replies

• JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I have been eating the same things for breakfast, lunch and snacks everyday for a year or so. I will slightly change things.... when I start to get too bored. I also very my dinners.... usually rotate 5-6 meals a week so my husband and kids do not get bored. It has worked for me and has made life less stressful. Good luck to you!
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I eat the same oatmeal mix up mon-fri (still tastes just as delicious every day) and do the eggs & bacon with french toast or potatoes on the weekends.

Dinners are usually the same few things rotated around and made different ways; Chicken, Pork chops, ground Turkey, Fish. Usually On the weekends I'll grill up some steaks and fish.

Snacks are always the same thing; PB&J's, yogurt, almonds, avocado, hard boiled eggs, etc

Dessert is always ice cream and that's every night. The flavors change since there's so many yummy ones to choose from. But yeah ice cream every night. That's right, white refined carbs before bed OH NOOOOSSSSS!!! :0)
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    That's right, white refined carbs before bed OH NOOOOSSSSS!!! :0)
    LOL

I eat the same breakfast every morning. Lunch is one of five or six go-to meals. And dinner depends on how many calories I have left. :)
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I tend to have a lot of the same meals most days (especially during the week)

Breakfast (which I eat alone during the week) is virtually always oatmeal with berries on top. For a protein, I either mix in protein powder into the milk or have some scrambled egg whites. Also have a grapefruit and a LOT of black coffee.

For lunch I usually bring a sandwich (lean turkey on whole grain bread with mustard and a light vinaigrette dressing) to work with me and I usually have a snack consisting of grilled chicken breast strips. ( I keep them in the break room freezer, Tyson makes a very tasty frozen version that is very lean and tastes great after a minute or so in the microwave) I also have an apple and orange during the day as well as a baggie of carrots and/or celery sticks.

Dinner varies (as I have to cook for the family most nights).

Weekends I tend to mix things up too since during the day, I usually do the cooking for everyone in my home.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I've eaten pretty much the same thing every day for nearly 15 months bar social days. My diary's open. Only problem is, I've started growing feathers. ;)

Still, I read somewhere that it's easier to lose weight if you eat the same thing every day. It was either in a website or in a book book book.
  • iLoveMyAR15
    iLoveMyAR15 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    if it works for you that's great but i know i would be sooooo bored with the same food every day
  • kaperlinger
    kaperlinger Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This works for me. As you mentioned it doesn't take a lot of thought or pre-planning, also no stress about overeating. My breakfast and lunch are the same nearly every day, I do alternate between dinners, but they tend to be the same two dinners every night. Hope it works for you.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    M-F my breakfast is the same; greek yogurt, fruit, protein powder, berries and of course my coffee.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Throughout the work week, I eat the exact same things unless my routine changes (appointments, etc...) and I don't have access to what I would usually eat. On the weekends I switch it up a bit.

I'm still healthy, and from everything I have read there is 0% risk so long as your diet is balanced and the source of the food is good (i.e. if you eat something produced poorly or questionably, it can build up in your system over time).

So keep that in mind and do what works for you :)
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I basically do the same thing- If you look at my diary, my meals during the week are generally very consistent. These foods are making me lose weight, and I don't get sick of them, so why not? :drinker:
    Plus, I change it up on the weekends.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I'd worry that I wasn't covering all the bases nutritionally if I had the same thing every day. At least with variety you are more likely to get a bit of everything across the week. You shouldn't have to rely on a multivitamin when you can get all you need from your food.

Also eating the same food all the time isn't training you about healthy choices, it's just finding one set of healthy meals and sticking to it, which won't help you when you are out in the world away from your safe menu.

Lastly, life is too short to allow avoidable monotony to become your norm!
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have the same breakfast every morning. It's part of my routine, I know how much time it takes to make it and it's low calories. I almost always have an apple as a morning snack. And lunches are either leftover dinner from the night before or a turkey sandwich if there aren't any. Makes life pretty simple and helps keeps my calorie intake the same daily. Weekends, I sometimes modify since it's not as predictable what my day will look like but during the week, it's a lifesaver.
  • Musicianess20
    Musicianess20 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I hope it works out for you. I find that my body plateaus after eating the same things every day, so I'll change it up maybe on the weekends or something. But hey...if it works for your mom it should work for you too! Good luck! :)
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I do this as well! I'm low carbing for my PCOS and I'm on a tight budget so, I tend to eat the same things (eggs, oatmeal, tuna), not everyone can afford a wide variety. Eating the same things is convenient and HAS worked for me very well! Broke my plateau in the second day of it, was very pleased. :)
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I fell into this habit after my gastric bypass surgery, back in the time where the range of things I could eat was very small. It's a habit that has served me well, and I tend to stick to it. I don't always eat EXACTLY the same thing, but I keep it within a fairly small range of items that I may or may not switch around every couple of weeks. It seems to me like, as long as the foods you're putting into your body every day really are within your ranges, it should work well.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I really like a lot of variety in my diet, but come to think of it, in the past I have eaten pretty much the same thing every day while on a diet because it was a lot easier to track. I remember that I had an egg and a slice of whole grain toast with peanut butter for breakfast, an orange for snack, 1/2 cup brown rice with at least 1 cup stir-fried vegetables topped with 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese for lunch, but I don't remember what I had for afternoon snack or dinner. It worked really well; I lost 30 pounds in about 3 months that way.

Hmmmmmmm; time to rethink my current efforts.
  • ytweety5
    ytweety5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I generally stay within my calorie goals M-F by sometimes eating the same breakfast, however, most times I have different foods. I generally stick with the same fruits everyday and maybe snack foods. On S-S I usually eat whatever my body wants and get back on track on M's. This has worked for me as I am already down 17lbs. Also, I cook my own meals M-F and take to work so there are no excuses to eat out. I also work out about 4-5 times a week.
  • rhalse
    rhalse Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I also tend to eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch during the week, but I do change it every week or so. I find it much easier to keep track and for grocery shopping. I have probably 4 different lunches that I rotate out, but I can eat the same thing everyday and it doesn't bother me.
  • Avarindria
    Avarindria Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I tend to do this with breakfast and lunch; mainly because I'm not a fan of meal planning/shopping/cooking and I eat those meals at work, so they have to be portable as well. When I find something that works for me in terms of Calories and convenience and taste, I stick with it. It doesn't bother me at all to eat the same foods every day. My husband cooks evening meals, so I get dietary variety there, but even then, we have a few favorite meals that get repeated frequently.

^^^ This!