Not seeing results, ready to give up

Options
I don't know if it's just my spring scale getting tired of me stepping on it everyday or what, but I will have lost a pound then gained 3 in one day. I do the same things before I weigh myself every morning, so I know it's not because of too many variables. On top of that, my youtube app on my XBox has stopped working, so I can't watch all of my workout videos at home like I used to. My beach trip I was working out for is in 2 days, and I don't have the beach body I was hoping for. I haven't worked out in 3 days, and I'm getting ready to just call it quits.

Replies

• iLoveMyAR15
    iLoveMyAR15 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Dont give up! You can do this. First throw that darn scale away and take measurements. You def did not gain 3 pounds in one day, its most likely water weight. Make better choices with your diet and move that body!!!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Daily weight fluctuation is normal and can easily be 5lbs or more daily. Don't worry about day to day changes, pay attention to long term changes.

It doesn't matter if you weight more today than you did yesterday as long as you weight less than you did a month ago.
  • SundayGirl1989
    Options
    i know how you feel, but stressing over losing weight tends to make it not happen, especially for me anyway. I've needed to lose 2lbs to get me in ONE-derland and this is my third week at it. Also i know it's difficult but try not to weight yourself everyday because your body fluctuates. I now only weight myself first thing on a morning once a week; i sometimes have a sneaky look mid-week to see how i'm doing but generally i seem to do worse if i over-think everything.

Don't give up, it'll be worth it in the end.
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    If you are weighing daily try monitoring the average weight rather than individual days, "moving average" basically tracks your average weight over last few days. You can do your own graph in excel or there are apps or websites that you can use (I use a free android app Libra) My weight fluctuates quite a lot, especially after days when I've used up my calories on junk:wink: but the moving average has been coming down, I wouldn't have guessed from the graph tbh. I saw the idea posted here and did more research online

Don't give up, you are 14lb closer to your goal! Plus what does give up mean anyway, go back to old bad habits and regain all the weight you worked so hard to lose? Only to have to start again next year? At the very worse if you are truly fed up up your calories and decide to maintain for few weeks until you get your enthusiasm back! (says she who had very similar meltdown yesterday, I just head over to success stories and keep looking at the photos until I decide no way I'm giving up just yet)

Well done on all the loss, enjoy your holiday and come back to it with fresh enthusiasm, you are doing great!
  • radiantsunshine40
    radiantsunshine40 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    No need to quit! Just try as much as within you to continue counting calories and working out! Nothing drastic but simple.....cut 250 in calories and 250 with exercise daily OR however way you can make it equate to weight loss desired! If you're looking for rapid weight lost ......MIGHT be best to drastically reduce your calories to 1200 a day ......WITHOUT exercise for only a FEW DAYS
    not HIGHLY recommended for long periods of time; yet it may help you out for the beach trip! ((smiles))

REMEMBER: You gained this excess weight over a longer time period than the mind is willing to wait to lose it!
    It's not a temporary fix but a permanent way of life........SEE YOU ON THE HEALTHIER SIDE! ((CHEERS))
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I ate lots of Chinese food this weekend. And prepacked pasta salads. And I had lots of alcohol.

I was seven pounds heavier yesterday morning than last Tuesday. This morning I had lost every single one of those pounds.

And today I've worked out, so it'll be higher tomorrow again.

Just chill a bit. If you have made any effort at all in the preceding weeks, you're still ahead on not exercising or eating properly. The scale can be a *kitten* when you get on it everyday. Once a week is more than enough.

Enjoy your holiday.
  • hinzee4
    hinzee4 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Pick a day and weigh once a week. No more. That will give you a better idea o where you're at. Good luck and don't quit!!!! You have a long way to go. You could be my age (59) and still be trying. You don't want to do that. Now is the time!!!!!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!!! It is one day at a time...You didn't gain it overnight and you won't lose it over night...From what I can see you can look great in a bikini...Cheer up and get excited about your trip!!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Did you know the scale goes up 4 pounds for me, when I drink all my water???????? Thats not a true unhealthy weight gain is it??? No No No its not. Give yourself alot longer. And just know this::::::: Weigh fluxuations are NORMAL, and not to panic over them. Almost no person gets the very exact same reading on the scale, day after day.... hour after hour.. It will fluxuate no matter who we are talking about. Every MFP members will fluxuate. Don't let that stop you.. Keep going.
  • taylorwaters98
    taylorwaters98 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation everyone! I'm looking forward to a workout this evening now, and I'll take the weighing once a week advice and the "moving average". You've all been so helpful! Good luck with your endeavors as well!